Monday, May 21, 2012

Day 27: I Conquered the Craving. Screw You, Waffle Fries!

Didn't sleep enough last night, and it took a huge toll on me all day.

I've been pretty worried about my dad's situation. I had been doing relatively OK until late yesterday, but I'm better now that I got a few more answers and I was able to get regrounded by reminding myself that I don't have the means to know what the future holds, so there's no use in worrying. Again, I can't thank you all enough for your prayers...

Work was difficult to sit through today. I'm not sure if it's hormones, fatigue, anxiety, or a combination of all 3, but I had THE strongest cravings for fried food I have probably ever had in my life today.

I had my usual breakfast. I had lunch at around 11:30.

Started out with pita chips & hummus
Got tired of the taste
And I had a little oatmeal and banana too
Got full really fast. Couldn't finish
At about 3:00, the SUPER MEGA EVIL CRAVING started. Seriously. I have never had a craving for something fried and salty this strong in my life. At one point, it was so bad that I was starting to get a headache. It also doesn't help that my office neighbor is a big fan of strong air fresheners and dousing himself in way too much cologne, so the air quality wasn't exactly ideal either.

I was plotting it out. I was going to drop by Chick-Fil-A on the way home from work and work out like crazy after I ate it. I was going to order a #5 8 pack with a lemonade. I had set my mind to it, and I was going to get it, and that was it. It was a serious inner battle. All I could think of was, "But what will I put on the blog? Will I be honest and take a picture of my deliciously fried supper or will I just not include pictures at all?" I couldn't sit still! I chewed gum, I guzzled water, I walked around the building and did jumping jacks, but I still couldn't shake the strong urge to get something fried.

I guess this is what people on drugs must feel like when they're having withdrawals. I was MISERABLE.

Now, I know that it's OK to treat myself every once in a while, but I just did on Friday AND Saturday. Not only that, but I am on a very tight budget, and I need to save money because I know I'll be eating out again on Friday with my high school girlfriends before I see "Pirates of Penzance" again. Neither my wallet nor my heart and waistline can afford it.

I tried to calm my craving with a handfull of almonds and a handfull of white cheddar popcorn, and it seemed to help a little, but I was still hellbent on getting some bloody chicken nuggets and waffle fries.

I left work a little before 5 because my craving headache was getting MUCH worse. I got in the car, took a deep breath, and started the journey home.

As I approached Lucas to turn on Folsom, the moment of truth was approaching fast. Chick-Fil-A was seconds away, and I had to think fast. It was at that point that I saw that I needed to refill my gas tank! If that wasn't divine intervention, I don't know what is. Hmm... Money towards fattening food that would hinder my progress in my tinier pants journey and would only last a few measly minutes and do harm to my heart or money towards fuel for my car that I need to get to work, home, and everywhere else that would last up to two weeks?

Needless to say, my gas tank won. As I drove past Chick-Fil-A, I yelled a victorious, "SCREW YOU, WAFFLE FRIES!" buahahahaha! My headache immediately left my body, and I felt victorious!

When I got home, I was INSANELY hungry after that crazy craving battle, so I made myself some skinless chicken with a little rice and a tomato. I had some blueberry Activia and a perfectly ripe banana for dessert.

I still had chicken! It just wasn't battered & fried!
My lack of sleep really affected my desire to work out this evening, though. The rain prevented me from going to the hike & bike, too. My knee is still really sensitive, so I might hold off on running until I get a knee brace sometime this week. I decided to go to the Internet for a workout again this evening.

I DID THAT! Since I do modified "girly" pushups, I made myself do 20 instead. This workout took me about 35 minutes to complete. When I did the squats and the lunges, I used my 8 lb dumbells to give myself an extra challenge. The wall sits SUCK! Despite how hard I've been working my thighs over the past 27 days, they were still burning and wobbling like crazy during those 60 seconds. 

I felt defeated most of the day, but after the last second of my workout, I felt like I had won. 

Tomorrow is week 4, and I know I've gained a couple of pounds, but I haven't gained any inches. Eck...

But I still plan to keep going. Yep. I will keep going.