Thursday, May 3, 2012

Day 9: Brownies Look Like Poo

I slept about 30 minutes earlier than I usually do last night, and I could already feel a difference from that this morning! I hope I can sleep earlier tonight...

I intended to eat some wheat toast with peanut butter for breakfast this morning, but much to my dismay, the bread was moldy! All I have in my office is milk, salad dressing, and nuts, which didn't sound too appealing for breakfast to me, so I decided to head downstairs. My office building has a little restaurant in it called Mega Bytes where the faculty, staff, and students can buy food, but they're not exactly known for having a plethora of healthy choices. I reluctantly went down to check it out...

Most of the options were way too heavy/greasy for me. Hash browns, breakfast burritos, huge croissant sandwiches with sausage and some weird egg substitute, a big vat of bacon, grits, and some kind of eggy looking casserole. I was feeling discouraged because I didn't want to eat any of those things (well, maybe except for the bacon...b/c GAH bacon), and I was starting to feel discouraged. But then, at the corner of my eye, I found some healthier options! There was some Lite & Fit yogurt (which I'm not a fan of...blech) and a HUUUGE cup of chopped up pieces of fresh fruit! Fruit it is! I only ate about 10 small pieces.

Too much melon for Melanie

12:12 p.m.
I just pulled a Jared and walked to Subway for lunch! The distance between LIT and the Subway by Lamar University is almost a 1 mile round trip, so I'd say it was a decent bit of activity for my afternoon. I can't help but reminisce every time I walk through my old alma mater. It might not be the most beautifully designed campus in the world, but I made many of my best friends there, and I realized a lot of my dreams at that place. It wasn't too hot on the way there, but I was pretty sweaty on the way back. Oh well. Sweating lets you know you're alive! Cheers to good deodorant. :)

I got a 6" Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki sandwich on Italian Herbs & Cheese bread with a small bag of Parmesan and Herb Sun Chips and a big cup of ice water. I asked for spinach, pickles, onions, tomatoes, and sweet onion sauce. I usually ask for salt, pepper, vinegar, and oil too, but I decided to skip it this time, and it tasted just fine without it! I used to get a cookie with my meal too, but I resisted today! I can't help but smile when I know I'm making a better decision for myself.

Subway, Eat Fresh!
Unless you're that tomato.
It was not so fresh.
I did not want to finish the chips.
I drank about 20 oz of water with my lunch today.

I shouldn't be eating out so often, but I'm low on groceries, so I won't be able to make a good, healthy lunch again for work till next week.

5:07 p.m.
I have to work late this evening. The banquet I have to photograph for work lasts till 8, and I'm not sure if I will need to stay throughout the entire duration, so my little walk to Subway might have been my cardio for the day! If I do get home too late, I will still try to do some kind of physical activity so I can count it for the day. Now off I go to take pictures!

8:33 p.m.
Just got home from the SGA Awards Banquet I had to photograph tonight. Rockin' A Cafe catered the event, and as far as dinner went, I didn't do too badly considering what was available. I got a chicken breast, some corn, a roll, and....a brownie. I don't know why, but I just did. I didn't finish what the servers gave me, though. I only ate about 2/3 of the chicken breast, 1/3 of the roll, and the majority of the corn.

Before
After
I didn't eat the brownie at work. In fact, I tried like crazy to give it away, but no one wanted it, so I decided to save it so I could give it to Nick. When I got home, I just....ate it. Most of it, anyway. I didn't finish it, thank goodness, but I just ate it until I felt like I didn't want anymore. Part of me is wanting to kick myself in the face, and the other part of me is saying, "You know what? It's OK! It's not the end of the world! You didn't finish the whole thing, and you've been doing great for NINE DAYS!"

I already know that I don't like this whole torn feeling I've got going on JUST from eating something I shouldn't have, so I think this will actually help me do better in the future. I have the tools I need, I just need more willpower!
What's left of said brownie.
It kind of looks like poop,
which is kind of how I feel for eating it.
When I got home, I did some upper body work: 4 sets 5 different lifting techniques with free weights (12-14 reps each). I also did 30 side leg lifts per leg and 100 jumping jacks. It doesn't feel like enough, but since it's so late, I don't want to overwork myself so close to bed time.

Welp. There went Day 9! I had my first slip up, but I'd say it wasn't TOO horrible...right? Also, I've been getting TONS of advice from people, and I am beyond thankful to all of you for it! It's almost overwhelming, but in a good way. I'm just trying to find out what works best for my body and my schedule, and I'm trying (or will try) all of your suggestions. Thanks again, and bring on DAY 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment