Thursday, May 10, 2012

Day 16: Not My Best Day...

Hello, All!

It was breakfast as usual with Honey Bunches of Oats & 2% Milk.

I got to see Nick for lunch today, so that made me very happy! It's hard for us to see each other these days since he's so busy with work and school, and I'm now dedicating my evenings to freelance projects and working out. One day we'll get to hang out for more than 45 minutes to an hour at a time! I hope! haha

We met at Katharine & Company for lunch where I got a half smoked turkey sandwich, a spinach salad, and a cup of tomato basil soup with a cup of hot green tea and a big glass of water.

Looking at this now,
this meal looks massive.
That was nom-alicious. 
I had a snack of white cheddar popcorn (about 1/2 cup) at about 4:00 this afternoon.

Since I woke up this morning, I've had a weird pain in my side. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but I've been worrying about it most of the day. It's not unbearably painful, but it's....weird, and it definitely doesn't feel right. It's on the right side of my stomach about 3 inches right of my belly button. It feels tight inside...it's very unnerving. 

Well, when I got home at around 6, I decided to try to run again. I would have preferred to bike since I like to mix it up every day, but it looked like it was going to rain, so I opted to stay close and hit the apartment gym. 

I didn't do nearly as well as I did yesterday, and it was a little discouraging. I only lasted for about 13 1/2 minutes running at my longest, but I think it was because I was worried about the weird pain in my side becoming sharp. And for the first time, my shoes started causing blisters... It just wasn't the smooth workout that I was hoping for this evening. 

I still completed my 45 minutes, though. I ran a total of 17:30, but I just wasn't on my game tonight. I knew this would eventually happen, but not so soon after such a great night. 



While today was a big struggle to keep going, I still went. I still put in my time, and for now, this very tired lady is happy with that. I'm hoping the weird pain in my side is gone by tomorrow. If not, it looks like I'll need to get it checked out.  Hopefully it's nothing more than...well, sorry for the grossness, but nothing more than poop or gas. Haha! 

After my blah workout, I trudged back to my apartment and made myself some dinner. Salmon and wilted spinach seasoned with lemon and olive oil...

Yum 
After yum
I got some wheat & gluten free blueberry waffles last weekend during my grocery trip, so I had one with about 1/2 tsp of honey for dessert.

This honey was gathered by my dear friend
Christa & her husband Timmy as wedding
gifts for their guests. So tasty!
Here's hoping tomorrow is a better day. I'm looking forward to this weekend so I can rest a little more and finish up my mom's mother's day gift. Tomorrow's another day. May we all enjoy what it brings!

3 comments:

  1. The body reacts weird when taking on new stresses especially exercise. Keep an eye on it and get it checked out if it continues. Make sure to incorporate rest days (it's part of exercising).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I've decided not to do any cardio today as my first rest day. Also, who is this? lol

      Delete
    2. it's me Rafael. Glad you took a rest day. just a note dont dilute your electrolytes with toooo much water, keep it balanced.

      Delete