Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day 28: Gaining Muscle, I Hope...

Breakfast was some fantastic apple cinnamon oatmeal.


Lunch was pretty blech. I decided to try to finish the leftover wheat crust pizza I made last week, and that was an awful idea. It was NOT tasty anymore.


The only reason I ate that much was
because I was HUNGRY.
I had a snack of white cheddar popcorn at around 3:00.

I had to head to Fannett for choir practice after work, and since my parents haven't had the chance to grocery shop with all the stuff going on with my dad I had to find something in the house. I found some yummy chicken siopao in the fridge, so I had it for supper. 


A fly landed on it while I heated up one for my dad. :(
I couldn't bring myself to finish it...
I still had about 30 minutes before choir practice, so I made myself face my old foe...THE MIDDLE SCHOOL TRACK. The very place where my fear and hatred of running began...

I was able to run two laps! I know I've been trying to take it easy on my knees, but I felt like I needed to prove to myself that I COULD run more than the straight edges of this track. I'm still not used to running outside because the air is VERY thick and humid, so breathing is so much more challenging for me compared to when I'm on the treadmill in the air conditioning.

I completed 5 laps total (1.25 miles) in 20 minutes. I alternated running and walking. I WILL be able to run a mile there one day. I WILL. I WILL conquer that track. The fact that I was able to run a full lap without stopping made me completely happy today. I was never able to do that before!

You don't scare me anymore.
The trash can helped me mark my laps

As I stepped onto the scale this morning, I was semi-bummed.


I've gained 2 pounds. 

Now, I realize that this very well could be muscle, but it could also be from the food I've been eating. I think I need to step up my vegetable intake big time. I want the numbers to go DOWN and stay DOWN! At least my inches aren't going back up!

I have to remind myself of this: 

It felt good to face old demons today. Even though I gained 2 pounds, I still feel better than I have in a long time despite what life is throwing at me right now. My dad seemed to be in good spirits when I visited him today for the most part. He was trying to do some easy/light things around the house like laundry and taking care of paying the bills. 

Day 29, I look forward to meeting you.

No comments:

Post a Comment