Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Day 29: Just Another Day, & I'm Glad.

Breakfast was as usual.

I got to have lunch with my pal Craig, too. We wanted to go to the dining hall at Lamar, but apparently they're closed until June 6th, so we went to Kampus Korner instead.

As anyone who went to LU knows, Kampus Korner isn't exactly known for its healthy choices. I ended up getting a barbecue chicken sandwich.



It was nice to walk from LIT and across the LU campus. It was a bit hot outside, but I love that walk. It's a little over 1 mile to walk back and forth the way I took.

I had 6 multi-grain pita chips and about 1 tbsp of hummus as a snack at about 3:00 this afternoon.

After work, I drank a big glass of water and then I headed out to the Hike & Bike. I was able to do 13 miles in about an hour today. The wind was EVIL! The windy lap was like trying to bike through a wind tunnel, and I truly struggled to keep going then, but I did it!

My knee is still super sensitive, so I purchased a knee brace after my bike ride. I'm hoping it'll help when I try to run again. I'll try it out tomorrow.

When I got back, I made myself a shrimp salad. My mom gave me 2 big ziplock bags of seafood (1 unpeeled shrimp and 1 squid) on Sunday, so I decided to boil a few shrimp. 

No need for seasonings on those shrimp!
They were so good! 
THANKS FOR THE SHRIMP, MA!
That was pretty much it! It wasn't exactly the most eventful day, but I'm actually thankful. We all need these simple seemingly routine days between the chaos, right? A good workout, some yummy food, and good lunch company made for a good day.

I also purchased a new weighing scale, but it won't arrive here for a few more days since I bought it online. The scale I have now was one of those cheap $8 ones from Target, and it's been hard to know if it's accurate since it reads something different EVERY time I step on it! I also got a new convection oven that will help me cook without having to heat up my entire apartment during the upcoming scorching summer months. It will also drain the grease and fat off of any meat I may decide to cook! I got a pretty good deal on it, so I'm pretty happy.

30 Days tomorrow! Wow, I can't believe it! Practically a month of making better choices and working hard has flown by. I feel better than I have in a long time, despite some scary things that are going on, and for that I am truly thankful.

Till then, goodnight, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment