Sunday, May 20, 2012

Day 26: I Resisted Ice Cream Today.

Today, as most days, had its ups and downs.

I started off strong by waking up early this morning to hit the hike & bike trail since I knew I'd be in Fannett most of the day with my parents. I headed out there at around 8:15 and biked another 11 miles. I had half of one of those Kashi Dark Mocha granola bars and a huge glass of water before I went so I wouldn't feel weak during my workout.

I got done by about 9:40, showered, and headed to church in Fannett with a tiny bottle of vanilla kefir on the way.

It felt good to know that I'm now disciplined enough to make the time to get my workout done when I know I'll have a full schedule during the day. I spent the majority of the day at my parents' house just trying to relax and figure out what's going to happen next with my dad's health issues.

My dad will be admitted to the hospital this week for multiple tests. I truly do appreciate all the concerned texts and messages, but I don't know much at this time. I just hope and pray that it's nothing too serious and that there's something that we can do to stop or slow the process of whatever is making my dad's brain regress. All your prayers and kind thoughts are most sincerely appreciated!

I had a lovely lunch with them today after church. My mom made pusit adobo or squid adobo, which is squid boiled in vinegar and garlic. It was SO good. I tried to eat as little rice as possible.

I couldn't help myself. I got a little more...

We had some delicious mangos for dessert. It was difficult because my mom told me that she had some halo-halo ice cream! Halo-Halo is one of my FAVORITE Filipino desserts! GOOD GAHD I wanted some. Not only that, but my dad also had some Blue Bell Cookies & Cream ice cream!!

What was this sugar conscious girl to do!? I REALLY want to lose more weight by week 4, so I was strong and I RESISTED both!! It was a bit torturous, especially since I was in a bit of a stressful environment today, but I was able to do it. I tamed my sweet cravings with this scrumptiously sweet mango instead...

Less pretty than the other half,
but less messy to eat also.
I left my parents' house at around 7:00, and I had my leftovers from Ms Ruth's Carrabba's birthday dinner for supper.

Small piece of salmon, 1 lobster ravioli,
asparagus, and 1 scallop 

I had a banana for dessert. Cheers to fruit!

Well, that's all for now. My dad will be admitted to the hospital either tomorrow or Tuesday, so I will have to try to figure out if I can fit in any workouts within the next couple of days. I know I should be "excused" considering my dad is going through some scary stuff right now, but the exercising has been helping me lower my stress levels in ways I never thought possible. I find that my attention span has increased as well since I started working out. I want to have a calm and level head over the next few days with what could be discovered... 

Here's to having faith.

See you tomorrow, Day 27.