Monday, May 28, 2012

Day 34: A Day of Cooking

Yay for a day off! A sincere and special thank you to the men and women who've made the ultimate sacrifice for our country, today and every day!

I woke up early and enjoyed a peanut butter sandwich on wheat with a banana for breakfast.


The sandwich was crazy filling!
I couldn't finish!
I had to work a little bit on freelance stuff today, but it was good stuff! Can't say what I worked on (yet), but I'm happy to be a part of it!

Otherwise, I got to cook some healthy food for the week! I made some amazing eggplant parmesan, turkey meatballs, and mashed cauliflower!

The baked eggplant before adding the marinara...
I could have eaten it like this! 

The eggplant parmesan is a recipe I got from the 17 Day Diet I did last year. It uses non-fat parmesan cheese, 1 large eggplant, and low carb marinara sauce. It's DELICIOUS and I highly recommend it!

As for the turkey meatballs, they were a big experiment, but they turned out SO yummy! I used ground turkey, 1/2 a chopped yellow onion, 5 cloves chopped garlic, about 2 tbsp of Emeril Lagasse's chicken rub, and about 15 crushed Kashi Toasted Asiago crackers. I cooked them in olive oil about 5 minutes on each side... I definitely plan to make these again.



This is what I had for lunch. I devoured it!
I was too full to eat the cauliflower.
The mashed cauliflower is almost just like mashed potatoes, but a little more watery. I like it a lot! I seasoned it with garlic powder, about 1 tbsp of kosher salt, and 2 tbsp of pepper. I also added 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup milk. Cauliflower is more watery than potatoes, so don't use too much milk when you make it.

I should be able to eat this stuff for the next 2 or 3 days! I'm happy with all of it!

I snacked on another turkey meatball in the afternoon.

I got to spend time with Nick today, too. He brought me to the yogurt spot, and I had 1/2 cup of cheesecake yogurt and 1/2 cup taro yogurt! 


I was too full to eat supper tonight, so I just relaxed the rest of the evening.

I didn't work out too much today. I climbed my stairs 3 times, which definitely got my heart pumping hard, but I wasn't feeling working out today. I cooked and cleaned ALL DAY long, so I figure I probably burned enough calories doing all that!

Looking forward to another day tomorrow. Back to work we go! Tomorrow's Tuesday, so I'll be working out in Fannett before choir practice. See ya, Day 34!

No comments:

Post a Comment