Saturday, May 12, 2012

Day 18: I Love Saturdays

Saturday is definitely my favorite day of the week. If I'm lucky enough to have a free one, I get to sleep in, make myself breakfast/brunch, get stuff done, and relax without having to worry too much about anything!

Today was another one of those lucky Saturdays for the most part! I got to get enough sleep, make myself a tasty breakfast, and be productive on my own time.

I made myself some oatmeal with fresh strawberries and honey for brunch this morning. This stuff kept me full for FIVE HOURS! I was alarmed by how I didn't get hungry till 3:45 this afternoon!



When I finally did get hungry for lunch, I had some kind of Asian Lean Cuisine dish at Nick's house.



Nick has these delightful tiny dark chocolate butter cookies called Mini Bear Claws that are only 160 calories (for 8 cookies!) I ate two for dessert. :)


About an hour after I ate my extremely late lunch, I headed to the Hike & Bike and pummeled through 15 miles in 1 hour and ten minutes! I felt pretty great throughout the entire ride until the last half of my 6th lap. The wind has shifted since the last few times I've visited the trail, so it was a nice change to have to readjust to different challenging parts of the ride. 

I think my iPod has a sense of humor because the song that the shuffle feature chose at the beginning of my workout was "I am Woman" by Helen Reddy. Very inspring indeed! Part of me wishes there wouldn't be any wind when I bike so it'd be easier AND so I'd sweat more. I pretty much pedal the ENTIRE time without letting the bike coast, and I keep the bike on the 5th and 6th gears (the two with the most resistance). I bet I'll retract this windless wish once June - September come around and it's 100 degrees outside at 6 p.m.! 

I was going to go back out, but my body is exhausted, and I have a ton of laundry that needs to be done! I ate supper at about 8 p.m. Cheers to the wheat spaghetti leftovers from yesterday! 



Day 18 was pretty good food and fitness wise! I'm proud of myself for getting back up off my bum to work out even though I took a day off. I couldn't help myself, and I weighed myself this evening and it looks like I've lost another pound! Let's see where I'll be on Day 21.

Day 19 is Mother's Day! Happy early Mother's Day to all the mamas out there, especially mine! I will find time to work out, too. Goodnight, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment