Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day 30: I Need Some Advice from the Ladies

I am soooo tired.

My knee has been bothering me more today, so I decided not to bike or run and I focused on upper body and core strength training today instead. I don't feel like I worked enough, but I'm also feeling beyond exhausted!

I did 20 pushups, 20 situps, 2 sets of my usual upper body dumbell workout, some leg work that I learned from bodyrock.tv about a month ago, 20 reverse situps, 20 squat thrusts, and 20 tricep dips. I don't feel like it was nearly enough, but I could barely last through those things. I think I shall turn in early tonight.

Dehydration. Fatigue. Cravings. Yeah....

I forgot my Tervis Tumbler at home again today, so I didn't have any water pretty much all day except very early this morning, and as soon as I got back to my apartment. I DEFINITELY feel the difference compared to when I have enough water, and I doubt I'll forget my water now after today.

Breakfast was my usual bowl of cereal and 2% milk.

Lunch was leftover shrimp with a little rice. I added about 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar to the shrimp, but I didn't take a picture.  Bleh, sorry!


I had a cup of vanilla Activia as a snack at around 3:00.

My energy levels are way down this week. And (sorry if this grosses anyone out, especially the dudes), but I'm pretty sure that I'm PMSing, so the fatigue is kicking my BUTT. I'm struggling with battling monstrous cravings, my face is breaking out, and my lower back is hurting (not from working out), so I'm pretty darn sure I know what's on its way.  Oh, joy... 

Any fellow ladies out there who work out regularly have any tips for dealing with these lovely symptoms and still having the strength and energy to get a good workout? I feel like I'm in a fog and like I haven't slept in two days!

I got home feeling famished, and I had another crazy monster craving. I got coupons in the mail for Jack in the Box (eew, I know), but their blasted fake food marketing looked so yummy. I literally had to sit on the couch and talk myself OUT of going there for about 20 minutes. This is insane. I never want Jack in the Box. EVER. I guess it's just because I know I shouldn't have it, and I've been craving French fries all week. YOU GUYS, my friends and readers, helped me get out of this craving. All I could think of was what I had to put on my blog tonight, and how much I didn't want to disappoint anyone. Thank you!!!

So I cooked this instead:

skinless chicken filet, rice, tomato
I know it seems like I only know how to cook this one dish sometimes, but it really is the easiest thing for me to make when I'm tired. I have many other recipes that I can make, but they're all so fattening! I might break out my good old 17 Day Diet recipes next week. I tried that diet late last year, and it actually made me lose quite a bit of weight in a very short amount of time! I lost 12 pounds in about 2 weeks. I felt good because my body had cleansed itself of a lot of processed sugars, and I'm thinking of starting it, or an adjusted version of it, again. It's very reasonable, and I'm sure that with my new workout routine, I'll be able to lose more too.

Alright, friends. I can't think anymore. I'm out for the night! Sorry if this entry seemed all over the place. I am truly tired.

I'm looking forward to my evening tomorrow with some friends, and I'm hoping my knee is up to some cardio! I know Fridays are usually my day off, but I don't feel like I worked hard enough today, so I will go for it tomorrow. I might do my Day 30 blog a day late since I will be out late tomorrow night.

See you tomorrow, Day 30!

7 comments:

  1. Hey Girl, I'm so there with you on so many levels, except for the PMSing part. But I can tell you, it's easy to feel unmotivated when you are in pain, but in the past, I used the pain and a good thing to look at. No Pain, No gain, or loss in your case. I've had Jack N Box the last 3 days, ugh, I know, so bad for me. There food is so good and trust me, I want to eat healthier. My thing right now is to eat in moderation, only eat when I'm hungry. I'm going to play racquetball with my mom next week so that will be my first excercise excercise in I don't know how long, maybe 2 months. AM and computer games are easy to make excuses not to do anything about it. Sean Harley, an AMer was encouraging me today to eat eggs, vegies and fruits for a while and cut out everything else. Meat is so expensive and I'm looking for the good deals, but really, I just like to go out and eat at a fast food restaurant and not worry about the work. I'm in desperate need of some better choice making, this blog is encouraging me, let's hope I don't start PMSing, :P lol, just kidding. Anyways, take care and look forward to the next read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Chris!

      Not sure if you read my Day 31 entry, but I finally caved & went to Jack in the Box. I didn't go crazy, but it was a bit of relief to get it out of my system and discover that I wasn't really missing that much! It was WAY too greasy, and it was hard for me to enjoy it. I doubt I'll have a craving like that again for a long time.

      You're a guy, so losing weight should be easier for you! Even just reducing your fastfood intake to once a week will make a HUGE difference, you lucky male, you!

      I'm glad my blog is encouraging you to want to make some changes! The hardest step is ALWAYS starting! Once you get started, you just keep feeling better and better and want to keep trying! At least that's been the case for me. ;) Don't be too hard on yourself.

      I know it's hard (I'm guilty of it too). Losing weight and being healthy ISN'T easy, but either is Animation Mentor, and you're doing wonderfully in it! Just shows you that you have to want it bad enough...and learn how to enjoy it. :)

      Delete
  2. Heya!!
    First off: CONGRATS! You're doing a fantastic job! and, honest, I'm really proud and happy for ya!!
    Ok! I usually work out, mostly biking all the way, but I try to run at least 5 KM every 2 days, and yeah.. (Sorry dudes) it is a freaking kick in the neck while PMSing., So here's how I deal with that:
    LOADS! of water, keep yourself hydrated and fresh at all times. I do recommend eating some fresh fruit for half day snacks, (an apple, orange, cucumbers, something fresh and watery) and avoid dairy products, because the trans in those is way higher than the fruit and during the period, that can cause also some trouble.
    As for the workout, I recommend to avoid big efforts at all cost, its gonna do you no good and probably cause more trouble; because of the loss your body is having (you know what I mean) your energy is OF COURSE gonna be half as much, so you're only gonna end up exhausted and yeah, during the period we tend to retain liquids and even gain a little weight, so do not feel feel discouraged for this. Try and jog, or even just long walks, 30/ 40 minutes will do, at average speed. Dont go biking and, IMHO and personal experience I try to avoid at all cost abdominal effort. Try and keep it lighter during this time, but dont stop moving, just tone it down a notch, compensate the less exercise with lighter food (fish, fruit, vegetables) and just let your body relax.

    I hope I can help!! keep on motivating us!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Ivonne!

      I definitely need to up my water intake. I drink a lot, but still not enough (64 oz/day is recommended, and I'm probably only drinking about 50). I'm working on it, though!

      I bought a bunch of fruit after I read your comment here, so thank you! I love fruit, especially when it's hot outside like it is right now. It's hard to know who's right about how hard to work out when "Aunt Flow" is in town. Some have told me to work harder because it's the ideal time to let your body expel water weight, and others have told me to take it easy since my body's already so tired from the hormonal changes. Blah. I think I will just do what I can. :)

      You're awesome, Ivonne! Thanks for your help! Also, Nick was telling me that we might get to meet you in June!! That Friday is only 2 days before Nick's 27th birthday!! What a cool birthday gift that we might get to finally meet you face to face! YAY!! =D

      Delete
  3. Oh oh oh! Avoid red meat! Its quite irritating for the stomach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I RARELY eat red meat anymore. Mayyyyybe once every 3 months or so? Luckily I've never had any major issues with it, but I'm trying to eat it less and less!

      Delete
  4. The great thing is that exercise helps PMS symptoms, in my experience. No more monster cramps for me. I still bike, but I don't push myself as hard. I haven't exercised this week, and I can feel the difference.

    Great seeing you! You look great and healthy! :D

    ReplyDelete