Saturday, June 23, 2012

Day 60: I NEED A WINDSHIELD!

YUCK. Yuck some more!

I woke up early this morning, chilled for a bit, had a banana, a big glass of water, and headed out to the hike & bike trail at around 9:30.

Before I left, I warmed up with one cycle of this:


The weather was GORGEOUS...not too hot (at first) and the breeze wasn't a pain today either. There were men mowing the grass around the trail again today, but luckily, I didn't get chased by any riding mowers this time. I'm guessing that the mowing of the grass stirred up ALL THE INSECTS IN THE WORLD this morning because I couldn't tell you how many bugs I probably sniffed, swatted and swallowed on the trail this morning. HENCE THE YUCK.

I already learned my lesson the hard way once several weeks ago when I didn't have sunglasses and got bugs in my eye, but today was a whole other story. Have you ever walked through the grass and seen those massive swarm balls of those teeny tiny (hopefully) harmless bugs or gnats or whatever they are? Well, they were out to play today on the trail, and I rode through multiple swarms of them. BLECH. My goal today was to bike 15 miles, but the obnoxious little critters made it unbearable!

Here are JUST A FEW remnants of what was left on me when I got home:


I'm just glad I was able to last the 11 miles with all those creepy crawlies all over me. Normally, I am not too squeamish about bugs, but these were really hindering my breathing (you know, since I was INHALING them) and my vision. I hope I can avoid going back while the mowers are out from now on.

Anywho, I got back home and had a bowl of oatmeal and another banana with a massive glass of water for lunch. I did not take photos, though... Boring stuff.

Today was all laundry and church so I can be free to celebrate Nick's birthday with him and his family tomorrow! Yay!

Here was my supper:

Last of the pasta & broccoli with
freshly cooked skinless chicken

Half of my Nutella Crave Cupcake
was dessert! Mmmmmmm!
That's all, folks! I'm hoping I can behave myself tomorrow for Nick's birthday...haha! Till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment