Monday, June 4, 2012

Day 41: Another 11 Miles + A Little Something Extra

Monday back at work!

Breakfast was as usual with cereal & 2% milk.

For lunch, I had 1/2 chicken breast, more mashed cauliflower, and half of a cucumber soaked in rice vinegar and pepper. Filling yet light!


I had a snack of a bottle of vanilla kefir at around 2.

I decided to get a helmet for my bike rides after my friend April told me about a nasty spill her brother had at the hike & bike trail on his bike. She said he would have smashed his skull in if he hadn't been wearing his helmet! I don't want to risk it, so I went ahead and decided to get one. I picked one up at Academy after work.

When I got home, I decided to eat a quick supper. I ate a peanut butter & honey sandwich with some blue corn tortilla chips & guacamole.



After I ate, I went to the hike & bike at around 7. I biked another 11 miles, but I added in a little something extra today to change things up a bit. At every other bench I passed, I did 20 tricep dips. It was nice to even up my workout by doing upper body exercise in addition to the crazy pedaling I do for so many miles. I think I will do this from now on, but I might change it up. Any ideas?

My arms feel like noodles now, but not as much as I thought they would. I've got to wash all this sunscreen and sweat off now, though. Eeew. haha!

Day 42 is tomorrow. There's a chance of rain, so I might stay in or do the elliptical. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment