Monday, June 18, 2012

Day 55: Rainy Days & Mondays...

Was this a Monday or WHAT?

I usually don't get bothered too much by it being Monday, but today was off more than any Monday I've had in quite a while.

I didn't sleep well last night thanks to the booming thunder and numerous car alarms in the parking lot honking the night away during the storms, so my alarm ringing in the morning was not a welcome noise to be heard.

When I left for work, it was P O U R I N G and I could barely see the road! I wish more people had the common sense to turn on their headlights when it's storming that badly... Anyway, I am just thankful I got to work safely.

Breakfast was oatmeal this morning.
I snacked on a dark chocolate & peanut protein bar at about 10:30.

I had to bring a bag of stuff that my parents left at my apartment to my dad's work at around 12:30, and then I returned to eat lunch in my office. It was upon my return to the office when I discovered that my favorite pair of sunglasses is now broken. Le Sigh..

I had leftover pizza...1 and 1/2 slice.

While I was eating lunch, I got a phone call from my friend Jud's mom, Ms Toni. She mentioned that a dear friend of everyone at my church, Mrs. Rhonda Dismukes, suffered a brain aneurysm and was rushed to St. Luke's in Houston. I TRULY and sincerely hope that she recovers from this! She's one of the kindest people I've ever known! Shoot up a little prayer to the Big Guy for Mrs. Rhonda and send some kind thoughts for her and her family if you can, please!

I needed to get some groceries and toiletries after work today, so I headed to Wal-Mart in the rain. What a nightmare. The shopping part wasn't too terrible, but the checking out took an ETERNITY. It wasn't too crowded, but there were only about 3 lanes open. Bleh... I'm pretty sure I waited almost 30 minutes in line to check out.

When I finally got home at around 7, I decided that lugging up all my groceries in the rain up 3 flights of stairs was a good part of my workout for the day. There's no way I didn't burn calories and build muscle by doing that. haha!

I made myself some supper...

Salmon fillet, garlic shells with baby spinach,
and a roma tomato 
Yay, leftovers for lunch tomorrow!
I decided to treat myself to a very small
bowl of Key Lime Pie ice cream.
I bought this in honor of Nick's birthday this Sunday!
By the time I had digested enough to feel like I could really work out, it was already 9:00!!! I was so tired, so I decided to do a 15 minute Sworkit workout. For some reason, the full body workout function really liked diamond pushups and hip thrusts today. I could barely last through today's workout!

After all the rich food I had this weekend, I can feel the difference in the amount of energy I've had. It's definitely gone DOWN. I am also still dehydrated! I drank more water than usual today, but it still wasn't enough. I wanted to buy a water container that would better help me track how much water I drink every day from Wal-Mart, but they didn't have anything that I thought would work for me. I suppose I shall check the Internet! I refuse to buy a ton of water bottles every day -- TOO EXPENSIVE.

I probably haven't lost any weight since last week, so I'm not too thrilled about doing my weigh in tomorrow. I'm trying not to be discouraged. I am recovering from a couple of injuries and I had a holiday weekend that needed celebrating. I shall be on better track the rest of the week!

Despite the not-so-great Monday I had, I am still here, and I still did what I needed to do. I got to see my dad for a few minutes, I got to talk to both him and my mom on the phone and have good conversations with them, and I got to eat. I am a very lucky and blessed individual. 

Day 56, I shall greet you in the morning. Goodnight, friends and readers.