Sunday, June 3, 2012

Day 40: Sweat and Tears

I've been staring at this blank post for about 10 minutes trying to figure out what to type... It's been an emotional day, and I'm having a hard time channeling my thoughts out of worry and anxiety into productivity and problem solving...

I guess I'll just start writing and see how it flows.

I had lunch with my dad and Nick's Uncle Steve after church at a little barbecue place in Fannett. I got a sliced turkey sandwich on a wheat bun and a bottle of water.



When I got home, I just sat and chilled on the couch pretty much all day, which I haven't done in a VERY long time. I ate leftover sinigang for supper. I had a cup of blueberry yogurt for dessert.




I finally convinced myself to stop sulking and get my workout going at 8:00 when Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition (EMWLE) came on. Those shows really know how to tug at your heart strings and get you motivated! Seriously -- today's weight loss candidate made me feel like I have no excuse to not reach my goal. His story made me work harder tonight!

I decided to do a 60 minute sworkit workout today while I watched the show since I did not want to miss what would happen. There were times when I got very emotional not only about the story on EMWLE, but also about some stuff I have going on in my personal life during tonight's workout. Instead of giving up, stopping, and curling up in a ball to cry,  I powered through each move. I pushed harder through each pushup, each squat, each plank, each wall sit...whatever sworkit threw at me, and I did it all in tears. 

It's been forty days since I decided to change my life for the better. I'm feeling more motivated and inspired to make something great in my life and to try to make the world a better place than I ever have before, and although I am struggling to figure out exactly what that something is, I won't ever stop trying to discover it no matter what. No one will stop me no matter who they are. 

There are times when life really, really sucks. There are people in your life who try to make things much more difficult than they should be, but they're not you. You have the power to let what they say affect you. You have the power to change your circumstances. You have the power to make the best of what you've been dealt. With the support of TRUE friends, TRUE loved ones, the right attitude, and God's guidance, you can get through anything.

Yes. Yes, I did.
Day 41, I'm ready...  

No comments:

Post a Comment