Friday, June 8, 2012

Day 44: Internet Down? Go work out!

Apologies for another day late post. My Internet was being complete crap the majority of yesterday evening, so I wasn't able to write a post!

I had some apple cinnamon oatmeal for breakfast yesterday. It was kind of nice to change things up! I'm trying to drink more green tea again as well, so I added a lovely cup of hot green tea with mint.

To my surprise, Nick invited me to lunch, so I met him at Great China.

Egg Drop Soup & jasmine tea
Chicken with broccoli & steamed rice.
I see Nick's fried rice in the distance...
Soup after...
I forgot to take an after pic on the plate!
But this is a whole other meal left!
The meal kept me full throughout the rest of the day, so I didn't have any snacks.

I got home at about 5:45, and finished the rest of my leftovers before I hit the gym. My Internet was acting all wonky, so I headed to work out earlier than usual. Perhaps this was a good thing.


I really wanted to go to the hike & bike but the weather has been pretty unpredictable all week, and I didn't want to get stuck in a downpour. I went to the gym and hit the elliptical for an hour.

I tried different resistances and inclines to work out different muscle groups in my legs. I even put the incline all the way up to 20, and I was amazed that I was able to last as long as I did in that position! Sometimes I forget how short I am...haha!

Time
Strides
Calories
I was sweating so much that it was dripping from my elbows! I freaked out because I thought there was a spider or other kind of creepy crawly on my arm, but nope... it was just some fat crying itself off my body!

I tried to do some tricep exercises with one of the machines, but I was too short! I didn't want to hurt myself, so I just went back to my apartment. I left just in time because as soon as I closed my door, the crazy weather started. The lightning put on quite a show most of the night, but I was glad to have something to watch since my Internet was kaput and summertime television sans cable is pretty crappy.

My Internet started working well again at around 10:00! It was almost refreshing not to have Internet for a while because I was able to do other things, and I actually started reading Les Miserables since I've been so obsessed with the musical lately. Thanks for the company on a nice stormy evening, Victor Hugo!

Day 45 has an awards banquet in store for me today, and I do not know what's on the menu. Lamar/Chartwells is usually pretty good about having a balanced vegetable to protein meal for these banquets, so I'm not too worried. Looks like I'll be eating on campus all day long because I'm also meeting Craig for lunch at the LU Dining Hall. I haven't been there since I was still enrolled!

Here's hoping I don't get home too late tonight so I can blog before bed! Ciao for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment