Friday, June 8, 2012

Day 45: I Won and I Lost!!!!

Today is Friday, so that means an off day from working out for me!

I thought I wasn't going to get to go home before the Press Club Awards banquet after work today, so I didn't pack any breakfast or lunch in order to prevent having potentially stinky tupperware sitting in the hot car for a few hours.

I went to Mega Bytes downstairs in my building for some breakfast with hopes that there'd be some fresh fruit or yogurt available, but alas, there was none. I got one of these Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches instead.



I got to have lunch with Craig today at the good ol' LU Dining Hall! It was so strange going back there without Russ, Krystal, Nick, Will, and my other college friends with me! I took full advantage of the salad bar today since I had such an awful breakfast...


I didn't like the salad dressings they had to offer, so I made my own! They had a TON of different flavored vinegars and some olive oil available, so I wisked up some red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, lemon pepper, and olive oil to make my own.

They also have fresh fruit infused water now! I got orange infused water, and it was very refreshing! I also got a cup of tea since I'm trying to get back into the habit of drinking green tea again, but much to my dismay, this tea was black (the same tea they use for iced tea, at least according to Craig), so I doubt it has the same health benefits as green tea.

I have also been craving bananas ALL WEEK since I ran out, and I haven't had time to go to the store. I'm hoping I can go some time tomorrow.

I didn't eat that much because I was still kind of full from
my breakfast sandwich, and the vinaigrette concoction I
made wasn't all that great...
I had one of the bananas, and then I decided to treat myself to a couple of sweets...


I could NOT finish! They were MUCH too sweet!
After a lovely lunch with Craig, I headed back to work until about 4:45. I left a little early because my feet were KILLING ME and I forgot my makeup at home to do some touch ups before the banquet. Gah, I suck at wearing heels. I had to go home to change my shoes and re-primp so I wouldn't be miserable at the banquet.

I started to take photos at the banquet of my food, but it became very disruptive while trying to pay attention to the night's winners, clapping, and chatting with the guests we had around our table. I will honestly say that I was able to exercise good portion control!

They started us with a soggy caesar salad and some crackers and butter on the tables. I only ate about 1/3 of the salad. The main course was some kind of breaded chicken over a hollandaise sauce with seasoned rice and a stuffed tomato. I believe Nick's observation of the meal being a repeat of what they served last year was correct, but it was still tasty in my opinion. I'm guessing I ate about 1/2 of everything.

Dessert was a wonderful chocolate mousse pie. I only ate 2/3 of my slice.

Oh yeah, so the big reason I attended this banquet was because I was told I won an award. Well, apparently, I won 2! I won 3rd place for this poster design: 

And I won 1st place for another design as well! I don't have the actual file that won with me, but part of it had this LIT splatter graphic of letters that I made on it:


Oooooh, shiny!
It was wonderful to see so many of my former co-workers, mentors, and classmates tonight at the banquet! I was also very thankful to have my mom, my aunt, and Nick in attendance to support me in winning these awards. I wish my dad could have been with us, but he had to go back to work for the first time since we found out he was sick, and we wanted to be sure he got enough rest for tomorrow for his 2nd day. I'm so thankful to be so blessed!

On top of all that jolly goodness, I also stepped on the scale this morning to discover that I am now down to 139 pounds! I know I should be doing a weekly weigh in, but I was too excited not to share the news! I've lost 11 pounds in a little over 6 weeks! YAAAYYYY!! Even my old crappy scale says so! I'm ecstatic with my progress, and I am DETERMINED to reach my goal weight range by the end of July!

Tomorrow is Saturday, Day 46, and I have a lot of errands to run, but I fully intend to hit the hike & bike hard if the weather permits! Goodnight, friends and followers! Happy weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment