Monday, June 11, 2012

Day 48: Am I Working Hard Enough?

What a nice, laid back Monday. Thank goodness!

I had a banana for breakfast this morning, and I had lunch plans with a couple of friends of mine at Katharine & Company...

I was supposed to meet Amy and Trey at K&Co for lunch, but Trey never showed up! Nick was able to join us and we still had a lovely time. I ordered the lunch special day which was DELICIOUS!

asparagus, chicken breast topped with sundried tomatoes
& capers over a pillow goat cheese mashed potatoes!
Yeah, there's no after photo because I cleaned the plate...haha!

Speaking of yummy lunches, remember that squid adobo dish I wrote about yesterday? My phone's acting all funky and the photo didn't show up yesterday. I restarted it since it wasn't saving any of my photos, and thankfully, all the missing photos appeared! I hope this isn't the beginning of the end of my phone!

Day 47's lunch: squid boiled in garlic & vinegar
with brown rice made by my mama
My lunch from K&Co was pretty filling, so I didn't have any snacks throughout the day. I just had a few sips of orange juice and water.

When I got home, I ate an organic peanut butter and honey sandwich with some blue corn tortilla chips and salsa with cherries for supper.



After supper, I went to Nick's house because he shaved off his beard!!! I took pictures of the beard removal progress, but I want to wait until I see how he streams the photos together. Plus, I don't think he'd want me to post before & after pictures here...haha! I miss the beard because it was soft and it smelled like shampoo, but I love Nick's face no matter what! ;)

OK, enough mush...haha! After the shaving session, I hit the hike & bike a little later than I would have liked, but I forced myself to try to get at least 10 miles in. Honestly, I lost count of how many laps I did. I know I did at least 5 (which is 10 miles), but I may have done 6... I truly don't know! 

I ran into Amy there again, so it was lovely to see her twice in one day! 

Tomorrow is week 7, and I am wondering if I'm working hard enough! I see the numbers going down on the scale, but I'm not sure if I'm progressing as much as I'd like. I'm probably over thinking it, but sometimes I feel like my discipline is slipping. Don't get me wrong, I still work as hard as I can when I'm working out, but I'm to the point where I think I need a new challenge. Hmm... Or perhaps a new nutritional challenge... Hmm... Or more sleep might be needed... Hmm...

See you at tomorrow's week 7 Day 49 weigh in! Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment