Saturday, June 9, 2012

Day 46: Turtles & Reunions

WHEW I am tired! This shall be a short & sweet entry! Well, that's my intent anyway...

Breakfast: Oatmeal, an egg, and some green tea!


After breakfast, I got dressed and headed to the hike & bike. I try to push myself to work harder and bike longer when I don't have to worry about the setting sun, so I did 15 miles today with some incline pushups and tricep dips on the benches along the trail. I did about 40 of each.

I ran into a bunch of these little guys for the first time today!



I encountered 4 turtles on the hike & bike trail! They didn't seem nearly as amused with me as I was with them. I think I may have seen a small snake also, so runners beware! Gotta love it when the creatures come out after a good rain.

After my 15 mile bike ride, I went home, showered, and had lunch.

Leftover sinigang!

I had to run a bunch of errands today. My Internet has been COMPLETE CRAP again the past 3 days, so I decided to just get a brand new modem at Best Buy. So far it's been OK since I installed the new modem/router, but I still decided to schedule a service appointment next week so they can tell me why this keeps happening so often!

While I was at Best Buy, I ran into a wonderful friend of mine whom I haven't seen in YEARS! My friend Trey is home from New York, and I got to chat with him for a while! We've made plans to try to meet up again on Monday before he heads back to NYC, and he invited me to his house this evening.

It's hard to remember take pictures of your food when you're trying to socialize. I didn't take any photos of my dinner, but my supper consisted of some barbecue, rice, watermelon, 1 cupcake, and a very small piece of cookie cake (really about a 1 1/2" square) with a bottle of water.

We were outside most of the time, so I'm sure I was able to sweat off a lot of the calories!

I got a text from my dad at around 8:30, and he was saying goodnight. Since I was so close to my parents' house, I decided to go home to try to say goodnight in person! I was just in time! I got to say goodnight to my dad before he went to sleep, and I got to hang out with my mom for a little while, too. She gave me some super cute clothes from her closet including a couple of shirts and a great dress! Thanks, Mama!

That was pretty much my Saturday! I'm SO TIRED!

No comments:

Post a Comment