Thursday, July 19, 2012

Day 86

Found out why I've been so tired! Gotta love being a girl. I don't like to usually throw the whole "time of the month" excuse out there often, but MY GAH it makes a difference! Right now, all I want to do is eat my weight in several flavors of ice cream, maybe some chicken wings, wash it all down with a cream soda float, curl up on the couch, and fall asleep while watching the news.

Luckily, none of that happened, and none of that WILL happen, but I can't say I didn't indulge a little today. We'll get to that later.

Anywho, I had a very small breakfast this morning because I knew I'd be going out for lunch today. I enjoyed a Nature Valley peanut butter granola bar.



I had lunch with my friend Craig and a few others at Chilis, which I haven't been to in YEARS. I try to avoid chain restaurants such as this one like the plague, but these were special circumstances and, well, it was free. 

I made sure to restrict myself ONLY to the menu items that claimed to be 700 calories and under (GOOD GRIEF that's sad if that's the lowest they can go! My usual lunches are only between 300-500!)

I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich on a wheat bun with a side of broccoli. I washed it all down with 3 glasses of water, and I ate probably about 20 chips. Those chips will get you every time...




After work, I headed home and I did a 25 minute workout with one of the old DVDs I've had since either late high school or early college. The cheesy 90's-ish music that was in it was pretty hilarious. It was a "full body workout" that came with this huge yoga ball (the very same one we used in this video). It's funny because while I did the workout on this DVD, I didn't feel like I was working hard enough at all compared to the things I usually do. 


Which brings me to my next concern. AM I working hard enough? I know there are some results happening with the weight loss and my (usually) higher energy levels, but I feel like I could be working harder and pushing myself more. I know part of myself is holding back because I don't want to re-injure or injure anything else on my body, and I think another part of me is actually SCARED of succeeding.

Sounds crazy, right? Why would I be SCARED of having a rockin' bod and being in amazing shape? Thing is, I have NO bloody idea. I'm nuts for having a fear of this, right?

I did such a short workout this evening because I had some MUCH needed hairapy I needed to receive this evening. I trekked over to Tanglz and got my hair cut by my dear and lovely friend, Anna. She does an EXCELLENT job, so if you're ever in the Southeast Texas area and are in need of a trim/cut/color, Anna's your girl. Make sure you like her on Facebook at Anna at Tanglz!

Isn't it great how a new
haircut can make you feel like
a whole new person?
When I got home, I was finally hungry again, so I made myself some dinner. More skinless chicken, rice, and a tomato! I ate 3 pickled okra too, but they aren't pictured here.


And that's all for today, folks. I might not rest tomorrow because I didn't feel like I did enough today, but we'll see what happens. Goodnight, Day 86! Thanks for being a better day than yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment