Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 85: Workout/Life Balance

I'm more tired than usual today. Heat? Hormones? Lack of sleep? Yes.

I arrived at work with some sad news this morning. My friend Markette didn't make it into the Top 3 for the Live! With Kelly Co-host search. I've been pretty bummed about it all day, but I know that this isn't the end of the road for her! I am so very thankful to all of you who took the time to register, vote, and share all the promotions and links for her during the past couple of weeks!

I had cereal with nonfat milk for breakfast.

We had a staff awards ceremony at work at 1:30, so I didn't eat lunch since I knew there was going to be cake (and other possible snacks). Boy, was I right!



Not the most healthy lunch, but at least I didn't eat a to of it. I also had about 5 pita chips in my office and 2 prunes.

When I got off work, I went to the hike & bike trail after I got changed out of my work clothes. I only biked 9 miles today because my energy levels were just not very good, and I had laundry to do. The wind was stronger than it's been in a really long time, so I struggled to get through that as well.

 I have to remind myself that It's OK to decrease my workout time every once in a while to do things that NEED to get done (such as laundry)! It's been a challenge to maintain a workout/life balance, especially this month with all the social activities I've had going. 

When I got back home, I started laundry and I made myself supper. I cooked a salmon filet, some whole wheat angel hair pasta, and I boiled some baby carrots.



It's nice to have all this stuff done before 8:30 for once! I still have laundry going, but I could actually do something ELSE tonight like work on my website! 

So goodnight, all. Day 85 had its little hiccups, but overall, it wasn't so bad. Day 86, I look forward to meeting you.