Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 85: Workout/Life Balance

I'm more tired than usual today. Heat? Hormones? Lack of sleep? Yes.

I arrived at work with some sad news this morning. My friend Markette didn't make it into the Top 3 for the Live! With Kelly Co-host search. I've been pretty bummed about it all day, but I know that this isn't the end of the road for her! I am so very thankful to all of you who took the time to register, vote, and share all the promotions and links for her during the past couple of weeks!

I had cereal with nonfat milk for breakfast.

We had a staff awards ceremony at work at 1:30, so I didn't eat lunch since I knew there was going to be cake (and other possible snacks). Boy, was I right!



Not the most healthy lunch, but at least I didn't eat a to of it. I also had about 5 pita chips in my office and 2 prunes.

When I got off work, I went to the hike & bike trail after I got changed out of my work clothes. I only biked 9 miles today because my energy levels were just not very good, and I had laundry to do. The wind was stronger than it's been in a really long time, so I struggled to get through that as well.

 I have to remind myself that It's OK to decrease my workout time every once in a while to do things that NEED to get done (such as laundry)! It's been a challenge to maintain a workout/life balance, especially this month with all the social activities I've had going. 

When I got back home, I started laundry and I made myself supper. I cooked a salmon filet, some whole wheat angel hair pasta, and I boiled some baby carrots.



It's nice to have all this stuff done before 8:30 for once! I still have laundry going, but I could actually do something ELSE tonight like work on my website! 

So goodnight, all. Day 85 had its little hiccups, but overall, it wasn't so bad. Day 86, I look forward to meeting you.

1 comment:

  1. Anak, the World Gym and has actually hurt himself doing stretchings and biking. Please do not overdo it. I Love You. I am so Very tired physically and mentally this week because of Auntie Beth's situation and her probable damages to her brain. The neurologist says that this is an episodic (meaning it can happen again) stroke and has affected her brain more than the last one. She told me her personal heartaches and it was so bad on my side being the trained nurse to handle cases such as, I worked so Hard to get her BP and temperature to go up. I had to send husband OUT of the building because he was making things worse that they really were. I had to make the decision to call 911 before uncle got there. Managed to get her stable that morning. I Honestly need a Vacation because I have Never stopped doing the thinking of so many decisions vital to every conditions I have been faced with everyday, that is just from NON stop decisions making. Omg. I always pray to GOD to guide my thoughts and my hands every single morning on my way to work. I'm trying to take some pressure off uncle, as he's by himself. now.

    ReplyDelete