Monday, July 9, 2012

Day 76: Case of the Mondays (and VOTE FOR MARKETTE!)

Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I did NOT want to get out of bed this morning. It was cloudy, I was tired, and my bed was at that practically perfect temperature that you don't want to leave because it's so cozy. You know what I'm talking about, right?

But I got up like a good girl should.

Breakfast was cereal & milk as usual.

I had leftover rice and squid for lunch...

It tastes a lot better than it looks...lol

I had a severe case of the fatigues all day today.... My energy was practically depleted!

I truly wanted to go to the grocery store today, but the rain was crazy at 5, so I decided to stay in. Carrying groceries up 3 flights of stairs in the pouring rain is not my idea of a good time, especially when I'm already running low on energy.

I cooked myself some garlic shells and chicken legs for supper. I don't have any vegetables yet, so I settled for some pickled okra that I always keep in the fridge.


After supper, I had to prepare the music for choir practice tomorrow night, so I didn't get to my workout until very late. 9:00, to be exact. I did some upper body stuff with my dumbbells and then I did this workout:

I didn't want to do anything too crazy since 1, my energy levels are practically depleted, and 2, it's so late at night. I truly hope all this rain stops soon so that I can get back to the hike and bike! My foot has been bothering me all day since I did that 45 minutes on the elliptical yesterday. I guess both walking AND the elliptical are out. I wish I didn't have reservations about public swimming pools... Yuck. 

Tomorrow is Tuesday, my L O N G E S T day of the week with choir practice out in Fannett. If the weather lets me, I might bring my bike to the middle school track. Dang foot. :( I never in my life thought I'd say this in a million years, but I truly do miss running! It's the easiest, cheapest most effective way to work out and burn a lot of calories and get that endorphin high that I feel like I haven't had in way too long now. Le sigh. 

I'm thankful for all these workouts I find online, though. If it weren't for those, I'd feel so gross by now!  I'm in a little bit of a rut right now, but I'll get my momentum back once this week of returning to normalcy gets rolling. 

On a completely different note, a girlfriend of mine, whom I've known for about 10 years now, is in the Top 10 of a big contest to be Kelly Ripa's co-host on Live with Kelly! Her name is Markette Smith, and she is one of the best friends of my cousin Cici. Please vote for her by going to www.cohostsearch.com!! It's been her lifelong dream to be a big time entertainment journalist, and she is truly beginning to make a name for herself! Being on Live with Kelly would truly boost her career in so many ways! She's one of the sweetest, most down to earth people you'll ever meet, and she totally deserves to win!! You can vote once a day every day up until THIS WEDNESDAY, so please vote, vote, vote! I hope she gets into the Top 5! The Top 5 contestants will compete somehow....SO EXCITING!! 


ENA'S CUTENESS POWERS SHALL HYPNOTIZE
YOU INTO VOTING FOR MARKETTE! 
Well, week 11 weigh in is tomorrow! It's looking grim, but not toooo bad. See ya'll then!

1 comment:

  1. Anak, Can you post these two pictures on FB? PLEAZZZZZEEEEE. Angelyn came to the office, she Lost a lot of weight, her BP was high especially the diastolic(bottom) so I have to draw her blood this morning.
    I will always love you, be my friend.
    Ma.

    ReplyDelete