Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 78: Groceries & Yoga

It's late, I'm tired, and this'll be short and quick.

Breakfast was oatmeal this morning.

I had lunch with Craig again today, and that was a pleasant treat! I brought him to the Banh Mon Food Trailer and we both had the Elvis banh mon (sans cilantro, of course). I couldn't finish mine!


Well, at least not until later.
I ended up eating the last few bites in the afternoon.
When I got off work, it ACTUALLY WASNT RAINING! Whaaaat? I decided to haul buns to Wal-Mart and FINALLY do some grocery shopping. I got some fresh fruit, wheat bread, veggies, yogurt, 1% organic milk, chicken breasts, and some healthier/low cal snacks (such as hummus, wheat pita chips, skinny cow for those inevitable chocolate cravings), etc.

I don't know what it is about not wanting to climb up and down all the stairs that lead to my apartment, but I always try to carry all my groceries up to my 3rd floor apartment in one trip. I've always been able to do so successfully, but I really should start breaking it down to 2 trips. 

Yep, that's pretty much me.

I cooked up a storm when I got home and unloaded all my groceries. I had half a salmon fillet and a fresh salad for supper. I had 2 fantastic prunes for dessert! This shall be my lunch tomorrow as well. 


I haven't chopped vegetables in such a long time that I forgot how long all this kind of stuff takes to get done! By the time I was done cooking, eating, and cleaning up, it was already 9:30!

I was super tired already, so I decided to give yoga a try tonight for about 30 minutes per recommendation of my cousin Stacy. This was a nice change from doing things that involved jumping/running/squatting/pushups/situps/etc.

I went to Sworkit to do some super basic beginner moves, and I actually really enjoyed it! I believe I shall add yoga to my weekly workouts. If anyone has any videos they recommend, please let me know! I'd love to take a class, but funds are tight these days, so that's not really an option for me right now.


I really do miss biking, though. I am glad I was able to get 30 minutes in of it yesterday, but it didn't feel like enough. I do hope the weather lets up soon so that I can return to the hike & bike. I can tell by my moods and my energy levels that my body misses that kind of work.

OK, so Day 78 is gone. Goodnight, all. Here's hoping I get to post about a bike ride tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Brad and I have been taking yoga for the last two weeks, and we're in love with it. I've started doing Sun Salutation every morning.

    I try to cook once or twice a week and eat leftovers. Sunday nights worked well during school. I still haven't been able to make things to freeze for future meals.

    You're doing an amazing job! Keep it up. And it looks pretty unfriendly for biking today :(

    ReplyDelete