Thursday, September 6, 2012

Day 135: Help!! I'm Still STUCK!

In my bathroom, the spiral where I write my weight loss for my progress photos sits behind my sink and mocks me in purple sharpie...

Day 105
- 14 LBS
136.8 LBS
August 7, 2012

I've hit my plateau. I had ONE day that I was at 135, but it's been 136 for about 5 weeks now. I am relieved that I'm not gaining, but I feel SO CLOSE to my goal, and it's driving me insane that the scale isn't budging! 


Despite my recent flatline on the scale, I am still going and consistently working hard. I bike 11 to 13 miles at least 3 times a week, and I do strength training exercises at least 2 to 3 times a week. I guess I just need to work harder. I've increased my strength training, and I've begun to incorporate whey protein powder into my diet (thanks to the recommendation to my cousin Stacy & other friends). 

The protein powder definitely helps with the soreness and recovery, but I think it's too soon to tell if it's doing much else. I'm still not quite sure when the best time of day is to drink it or how often to drink it. I've read that it's good to drink in the morning, as an afternoon snack, or 20 minutes after a workout, but do I drink it for all those things or just one of those things? Just like with everything else, I must be patient. I've on

I am going to do this the right way. No drugs, no wraps, no weird diets. I am going to eat healthy, exercise, and respect the body I've been given. I'm changing my lifestyle, and I have to remember that I'm not just trying to lose weight. While I do love the notion of having tinier pants, I want to have a stronger, healthier heart and body. 

All the hard work and sacrifice will be worth it when I finally get off this blasted plateau. 

I was able to resist free delicious barbecue and various fruit cobblers tonight at a big fundraising event tonight. I ate a few bites of mango, egg whites, and wheat toast for supper instead. This weekend will be another test because it's my Goddaughter Ena's first birthday party! There shall be cake, cookies, and Filipino food galore. It's always something, right? Moderation is my bff.

Speaking of Ena, her mommy submitted her into the Gerber Generation Photo Contest. Click that link to vote for her royal cuteness if you please! Just like Gerber on Facebook, and you can vote!  

How could you not want to vote for that face?
Alright, it was a super busy day. I'm off to catch up on sleep I've lost from staying up way too late the past few nights. Here's hoping the next time I post is when I'm a pound or 2 lighter!

No comments:

Post a Comment