Monday, September 24, 2012

Days 152 & 153

Sorry I'm a day behind, but yesterday was EXHAUSTING. I hate that driving can be so tiring even though you're sitting on your butt the entire time. It's especially tiring when your'e not 100% sure of where you're going.

I had a small breakfast at around 8:00 yesterday...

Mmm, oatmeal
I had to pick up Nick from the airport in Houston yesterday, so I took the opportunity of being out there to finally see Krystal & Ross's new home. Krystal made us a yummy brunch of breakfast burritos with grapes and veggies to dip. I also had a small piece of banana bread that she baked. Very good!

Hola, burrito.
Grapes, cauliflower, & broccoli
After a lovely visit with the Robinsons, I headed to the airport to fetch Nick, who was in New York since last Saturday. He had to make an unexpectedly early trip up there for a family emergency, so please keep him and his family in your thoughts & prayers.

As a thank you, Nick treated me to dinner (and a much appreciated tank of gas) when we returned to Beaumont. We had supper at Cafe Del Rio where we shared an order of fajitas.



I had 1 and 1/4 of these.
We also treated ourselves to some ice cream. It was a ROUGH week. You guys have no idea....

That was my intake for Sunday....

Today, I had Activia for breakfast.


Lunch was a turkey sandwich with peppers and my Greek yogurt dip with pineapple for dessert..



When I got home, I did a 30 minute Sworkit upper body workout.



I lost count of how many pushups I had to do during those 30 minutes. There was a point when I had to push "Skip" when push-ups came up because my wrists hurt, even when I downgraded to the "knee" push-ups! My upper body strength suuuucks.

As I'm sure you guys know by now, I normally do 45 minutes to an hour workout, but I had a meeting with my lovely friend Anna about her new business, Tanglz Salon & Spa. Anna has been doing my hair for over a year now, and we've known each other since KINDERGARTEN. I'll be helping her out with some marketing, and I'm really excited about helping her succeed! If you're looking for a friendly, professional, and QUALITY person/place to get some pampering for your hair, Anna's definitely your girl. :)

During our marketing meeting, we noshed on some healthier option snacks...

fresh veggies, my Greek ranch dip,
and some blue corn tortilla chips.
I forgot to photograph this also.
Greek Yogurt Spinach dip!
It was an evening of dipping and snacking. We also enjoyed some Clint's Salsa as well. All yummy things with less sodium and calories than the usual suspects!

Thaaaat was about it! I hope I can raise my arms above my head in the morning! Haha! Goodnight, all...

Also, if you'd like to help me in my efforts to raise funds for the American Heart Association, please click "SPONSOR ME" on the image below this paragraph. I know financial times are tough right now, but any amount would be greatly appreciated! If you cannot or would rather not donate online, please feel free to e-mail me and we can make other arrangements.


2 comments:

  1. Be careful with those grapes because a serving is only 8 grapes and theyre full of carbs, BUT they're so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! I had way more than 8...hahaha! It sucks that carbs are hidden in seemingly healthy foods, right? =P

      Delete