Friday, September 7, 2012

Day 136: FINALLY!! I Hit 135 on Day 136!

An entry the very next day!? Say whaaaat???

Too many good things happened today regarding my weight loss for me to not blog! As I posted yesterday, I have been STUCK in the 136 pound range for WEEKS, and it's been quite discouraging. In the back of my mind, I've known that the work needs to get harder, and the eating habits need to be as disciplined as I was in the beginning because at this point, I've only been maintaining with what I've been doing.

So my cousin Stacy (who has unintentionally become my latest fitness guru/advisor due to her credibility with her awesome progress and fitness knowledge) recommended that I go to the MyFitnessPal app for calorie counting and exercise tracking help.

I used MyFitnessPal about a year ago in one of my many failed attempts to lose weight, but I don't think I was ready yet back then. My boss Beth told me before I started on my tinier pants journey that when I was ready, it would just happen. So far, she has been VERY right. Something in me has changed, and I am so glad that it finally happened. I feel better than I ever have (even though I do get tired, but that's mainly because I'm a dork who doesn't sleep enough)...

Anyway, I re-installed MyFitnessPal to my phone, and luckily, my account was still available. The last time I logged in was on June 8, 2011. The weight I logged was 156 pounds. 156 pounds!? That means I've lost 20 pounds since June of last year!? Good grief, Charlie Brown! Talk about a motivating kick in the rear! No wonder my feet and knees used to hurt so much every day!

I logged my breakfast and lunch, plus my exercise from this afternoon.

I hit the gym right after I picked up a few things for Ena's birthday party happening tomorrow. I was able to run 2 miles (on 5) and walk one mile (at 3.6) on the treadmill!! This is the first time I've ever run that far!! I had a lot to think about, so it didn't even feel like a struggle at all. This....was a good workout day.



As soon as I finished and got back to my apartment, I figured...ehh why not? Let's step on the scale.

HECK TO THE YESSITY YESS!!!
I FINALLY FREAKING BROKE 136!! I know my weight will fluctuate, but the fact that I weigh this much at the END of the day is a good thing! I have been staring at the numbers 136.4, and 136.0 for the past 3 weeks, and it's been driving me bonkers! Hip, hip hooray! I was too excited to finally be down to 135 that I posted the photo on Facebook as soon as I weighed myself, and I've received a lot of love! Thanks, everybody!!!

I must now head to Fannett to decorate for my soon-to-be one-year-old Goddaughter's birthday partay! Woo! Remember to vote for her in the Gerber Generation Photo Search contest! If she wins, she gets money for her college education! 

Happy Friday, everyone! 



No comments:

Post a Comment