Friday, September 21, 2012

Day 150: Why Must Daylight Savings End?

Wow, 150 days. They haven't all been perfect, but they've been progress for sure. During this time, I've probably learned more about myself than I ever thought I would. What a great gift! I also realized that 150 pounds is the weight I started at in the beginning of this journey to tinier pants back in April. I hope to NEVER see that number on the scale ever again!

I tried out something new that I stumbled upon at Kroger for breakfast this morning.

More filling and quite tasty!
Lunch was leftovers from last night...

Chicken, brown rice, fresh peppers, and my
Greek yogurt ranch dip
I also snacked on about 10 Shrimp Snacks , but I forgot to take a photo of the bag.

Supper was as carbless as possible with more chicken, and a spinach salad topped with sundried tomatoes and Gerard's Italian dressing.


After supper, I biked a measly 7 miles because, as today's blog entry title suggests, daylight savings is almost over. I'm usually able to get in 11 miles if I start biking at 7, but this was not the case this evening. I guess I'll have to start going straight to the hike & bike trail after work if I want to keep biking throughout the fall/winter months. Note to self:  Start packing a pre-workout snack and workout clothes to bring to work!

I hope everyone has a happy, healthy weekend! I intend to go for a longer bike ride tomorrow morning! I might aim for 21 miles this time. We'll see what happens.

And of course, I cannot end today's blog entry without thanking today's fabulous donors for the Heart Walk! My dear and wonderful friends Amy & Jimmy have donated to my efforts to raise funds for the AHA EVERY year that I've participated, and they are both some of the best friends anyone could ask for in life. So thanks, guys! I miss you both like the deserts miss the rain!

If you'd like to help me in my efforts to raise funds for the American Heart Association, please click "SPONSOR ME" on the image below this paragraph. I know financial times are tough right now, but any amount would be greatly appreciated! If you cannot or would rather not donate online, please feel free to e-mail me and we can make other arrangements.


No comments:

Post a Comment