Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Day 154: Time to Rearrange Some Things

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Tuesdays are my LONGEST day of the week. I used to work out as soon as I arrived at my parent's house after work, but ever since my dad's burn accident, I want to use that time to spend WITH my parents instead of working out.

I usually work out on Sundays in the mornings before church, but since I went out of town this Sunday, I didn't get to, so I'm feeling all thrown off of my routine. I feel bad for not working out on Sunday AND today, and it feels...wrong.

With daylight savings time coming to an end soon, plus all these hitches thrown into my routine this week, I think it's time to make more tweaks to my workout schedule just incase something throws me off my routine again. I am either going to have to start waking up super early in the morning or work out late at night. Either way, yuck. Ask anyone who's known me my whole life, and they'll tell you that super early mornings are NOT my thing. If the sun's not up, my brain and body do not cooperate. And as for working out late at night, I have discovered that I have issues sleeping when I do that.

We all would like some extra hours in the day, right? I've also discovered that some people do their workouts in 10 minute spurts throughout the day, so that's definitely an option! Perhaps 10 minutes in the morning, 10 - 30 minutes during my lunch break, and/or 10 - 60 minutes more when I get home, depending on what needs to get done. I actually like this idea a lot. Once this week is over, and I can do some more planning, I'd like to try this schedule!

Here's the foodage of the day...

This morning, I had another container of Activia for breakfast.


I was hoping to go to the dining hall with Craig today, but he was out sick with a cold! I try not to bring my lunch to work on Tuesdays because my lunch bag is just another thing for me to have to carry up and down 3 stories. At the end of the day, I just DO NOT want to lug all that crap up the stairs. My purse, guitar, and guitar book are a handful enough already without adding a lunch bag to it.

Since I was Craigless for lunch, I went downstairs in my building where there is a little "eatery" called MegaBytes. I discovered that they were serving gumbo, so I decided to give it a try. It seemed like a better choice than their typically fried options or a cold salad with weird chicken...

MegaBytes Chicken & Sausage gumbo
got 2 thumbs up from me!
The gumbo was actually GOOD! They just gave me WAYYYyyy too much. Seriously, this bowl should probably feed two people, not one!

After:  I could only eat maybe about half.
Since Nick has a life drawing class on Tuesdays & Thursdays at LU, we try to make an effort to see each other for a few minutes since we're just right across the street from each other. I took the opportunity to walk across the street to meet him after his class so I could walk him to his car. This was probably the extent of my exercise for the day. Better than absolutely nothing, I suppose!

When I arrived in Fannett, my mom was preparing some fish that was caught by a distant relative of ours for dinner. I'm not sure what kind of fish they were, but they were caught in the Gulf, and they were pretty good! Not my favorite, but I can't really complain about my mom's cooking. 

I ended up eating an entire fish because it was mostly
bones with very little flesh. 
After supper, we went to choir practice and sang/played the night away. I wonder how many calories singing and playing guitar can burn. I'm not exactly rocking out (these are Catholic hymns...lol), but they can be vocally challenging sometimes. Perhaps I'll research that. 

And that was that. Day 154 was lengthy, but lovely overall. 

I got a donation from my Nick today for the Heart Walk! Thank you, boyfriend!! I have a feeling he won't be able to walk with me this year because of school, BUT I'm hoping he still can. I'm so glad I have his encouragement in my fitness efforts. As well as all of yours!!

If you'd like to help me in my efforts to raise funds for the American Heart Association, please click "SPONSOR ME" on the image below this paragraph. I know financial times are tough right now, but any amount would be greatly appreciated! If you cannot or would rather not donate online, please feel free to e-mail me and we can make other arrangements.


Goodnight, everyone! Just 3 more days till the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment