Monday, August 27, 2012

Day 125: Stuck at 136. Time to get Unstuck.

Frustration. I was at such a fantastic steady pace of losing about a pound or more per week for 16 weeks! Now it's been almost 18 weeks since I started my tiny pants journey, and I am STUCK. I've been stuck at 136 pounds since week 15.

Granted, I know a lot of stuff has happened in the last 3 weeks, but I am a bit upset with myself for giving in so easily to turning to food for comfort on several occasions. With stress and girly hormones blasting me with cravings, I have been caving in to more sugar than I'd like to admit lately. I had some frozen yogurt at Orange Leaf on Friday and 3 slices of pizza, a cream soda, AND some ice cream on Sunday. Eck.


When I wasn't eating ice cream or pizza, I was actually on my best behavior with lots of fruits, vegetables and protein as my intake. I'm still obsessed with the mango/tomato/cucumber mix splashed with rice vinegar. NOM NOM.

My lunch at work = spinach salad with sundried tomatoes
and mango/tomato/cucumber salad
My new favorite thing (besides the mango/tomato/cucumber salad) is a big bag of fresh (not frozen) steamed broccoli and cauliflower with 1tbsp of Smart Balance and 1 tsp of TexJoy Steak seasoning. Delish.



On the bright side, at least I have not gained.  I've been a little scared seeing my weight go up to 138 a couple of times at the end of the day, but I'm still averaging at 136 every morning.

I've been told that the last 10 pounds are the hardest ones to lose, so I know I've got to work harder. I tried something last Thursday (August 23rd) that I might start doing once a week. I decided to go for a jog around my apartment complex, but the cars zooming around corners were freaking me out, so I took it up a notch and decided to take it to the buildings...the 3-story buildings...all the way to the top and back down again.

Talk about a change for the better! Not only was it way more exciting than just running in circles, but it was like this crazy adventure obstacle course all around me! I ran up and down 3 floors of 10 different building in my apartment complex. That's 30 floors worth of stairs! I wanted to do more, but the weather was starting to get bad and the sun was going down. For the most part, it was a fun new challenge, and I intend to try it again to see if I can run through more than 10 buildings! There was one slightly scary confrontation with a big angry dog who was trying to do its business, but thank goodness its owner had him on a leash. I'd probably be angry too if someone decided to jog by me while I was trying to poop.

During the weekend, I was able to bike 11 miles and do a fantastic upper body workout with my free weights/dumbbells. I want to get rid of the squish of my arms!

So I'm still on the journey, but my path has been winding, hilly, and against the wind lately. These last 10-15 pounds are probably going to be the hardest because I tend to slack off when I see and feel progress. NOT this time. I'm GOING TO DO THIS. I must!!!

The next time I blog, 136 WILL BE NO MORE. Mark my words, people. Bam.

No comments:

Post a Comment