Friday, January 18, 2013

Days 268 & 269: Dreaded Weigh-In Entry

Happy weekend, friends!

I was trying to sleep, but it just wasn't happening, so I decided to bliggity blog.

Yesterday (Day 268/Thursday) was another good day at work full of productivity and better eating. I had some more yogurt, half a banana, and some green tea for breakfast. I'm trying to make myself drink green tea every morning.


I also was sure to drink my recommended amount of water with the hourly reminders from my Water Your Body App on my phone. I went over the 68 oz and drank 72!

Lunch was a visit to the fantabulous bành mon trailer with my pal Craig for a delicious Lisa Marie.

Sans cilantro, of course,
because cilantro tastes like death. 
After work, I was still pretty full from my huge sandwich, so I went straight to the gym and hit the elliptical. To switch things up a bit, I went online to find an elliptical workout that I could follow instead of just pedaling mindlessly for an hour.


Instead of following the time listed in this table, I changed the resistance during every song change that was on my iPod. This workout is only half an hour, but using my iPod made it a whole hour long. I didn't mind the SPM (Stride Per Minute) since doing the elliptical without hands was just asking for me to fall. I went at my own pace, and I worked hard. Reversing my strides and pedaling BACKWARDS was a big challenge. I'm not sure why I never tried it before I found this workout, but I'm glad I did because it really did push my to work harder than I usually feel like I do on the elliptical.


Here's my stats of my elliptical time...

After my workout, I Skyped with my cousin and Goddaughter and then I took a weigh-in photo. I figured it's been a long time, and I needed to face the music. 

That's my disappointment/shame face
This is bad.
I haven't seen that number since September! I've got to get myself back on track NOW!

After a shower and some regrouping, I ate a small dinner of brown rice with okra and a little bagoong & suka (vinegar) and a mango for dessert. How Filipino of me. :)



--------

Day 269/Friday

Breakfast was my good ol' friend the Activia Breakfast Blend with some green tea.


My lunch was very minimal because the breakfast blend kept me so full! Not to mention all the water I drank in the morning...

I had a chewy peanut bar and a mango for lunch.

Forgot to take a pic... I didn't eat a whole box. :P
Super ripe, super delicious.
After lunch, I went on my walk with Craig around the university. We did a little over 2 miles today in about 48 minutes. Click this link to view our route.

About halfway through the walk, I developed a big blister on my left foot because I'm dumb and wore my boots, but I sucked it up and got through it. Hopefully it'll be better sooner than later.

I met up with some lovely high school friends of mine for supper at Koi for some sushi tonight. We've had this evening in the works for a couple of weeks, so I'm glad I got to see them since it happens so rarely these days. Good friendships are an essential part of being healthy! I'm kicking myself for not taking a group pic of us, though. Rats.

I did take a photo of my sushi, though.

Rainbow roll at Koi
California roll topped with fresh tuna, salmon, and yellowtail
I also split a volcano roll with Heather. (Menu description:  cali snowcrab and smoke salmon with diced spicy scallops on top (baked) and eel sauce). So basically, my first roll was super healthy, my second one, not so much. At least I split it! It's so hard not to splurge a little on special occasions.

We got some frozen yogurt at Orange Leaf after sushi also. Lots of laughs with lovely people. Thanks for the good time, Heather, Lacey, Anna, and Anthony!!!! 

I'm greatly looking forward to tomorrow because THE WEATHER WILL BE IDEAL FOR BIKING! I'm aiming to can do 18 miles tomorrow! The winds have been quieter than usual the past 2 days, and I'm hoping it'll be the same tomorrow afternoon during the warmest part of the day. I believe it's supposed to be in the mid 50's F, so that makes me so happy! I hope to see lots of people taking advantage of the beautiful weather tomorrow at the hike & bike trail.

That's all for tonight, guys. I'm looking forward to getting back to working my butt off to reach my goal weight when I can. It's time to get back to business. Lots to do this weekend, so enjoy it! Be happy, be healthy, and do your best every day. 

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment