Saturday, January 19, 2013

Day 270: A Tease of Spring

When the weather is lousy for weeks, it makes it so easy to appreciate beautiful weather like we had today. I felt like I was back in San Francisco!

I woke up on the late side this morning, so I had brunch instead of breakfast. I made myself this interesting ground turkey/egg/potato/spinach/tomato concoction that turned out DELICIOUS. I didn't use any butter or salt...just olive oil cooking spray and hope that it wouldn't taste nasty when I was done. I also seasoned the ground turkey with Emeril's Chicken Rub before I cooked it. Next time, I want to add onions, green onions, and peppers to the mix!



I plopped some onto some wheat toast with avocado, topped it with sriracha, and was a very happy camper indeed! Talk about a delicious and healthy meal! I ended up eating it again after my bike ride because I enjoyed it so much. I ate about the same amount shown on this sandwich as an after workout snack without any bread, and I washed it down with this *delicious* Green Goodness juice made by Bolthouse Farms...


Looks like sludge, tastes like awesome.
Today's bike ride was GLORIOUS. No insane hurricane-like head wind, no frigid and drizzly weather... Just welcomed sunshine and a slight breeze. I was enjoying the ride so much that I lost track of how many laps I did on the loop. I thought I had done 7 laps, but according to my GPS, I only did about 6. I wish I had a more accurate way of tracking my bike rides, but finances won't allow me to invest in one of those groovy heart monitor tracker devices for a while. Oh, well... I figure the app on my phone is close enough. The app (MapMyRide) says that I rode about 14.65 miles, but it's usually a bit under what the math adds up to according to the distances marked at the trail. So I'm guessing I biked somewhere between 15 and 16 miles today. AND. IT. WAS. AWESOME.

Those little numbers are mile markers.
I haven't felt this awesome in a really long time! It also helped that I happened to run into one of my dear friends from College and my Lamar Advertising Federation days! I was biking around one of the corners of the loop when I heard someone yell my name... It was Annette!! Every time we crossed paths, we cheered each other on with a big "WOO!!" I've always loved Annette's enthusiasm, and she's been one of my biggest supporters during this journey. If you're reading, Annette, we should try to work out together some time!! I could use a spotting buddy if I want to get back into strength training! 

Overall, I worked SUPER hard today, and I'm loving the sore muscles. My back hurts a little bit more than I'd like, but only because I think I bent over in a stupid way while I was getting ready to head out to bike. Otherwise, I am feeling almost euphoric with how much I've been working out and eating better again lately.

Also, just because it's been upsetting that I had such a higher number on the scale on Thursday, I decided to see if all that was just water weight... 
Apparently so!! 
Yay! I haven't seen a zero after the 135 since November!! Here's hoping I'm on the right track back to working towards my goal.

I had to run a couple of errands after my shower, and then I enjoyed a bowl of apple cinnamon oatmeal for supper. 

Sometimes you just want something warm.
That's all, folks! I think I'll hit the gym early before church tomorrow morning like I used to. Here's hoping I'm disciplined enough to get my butt out of bed on time! 

Goodnight, everybody. I hope you're enjoying your weekend!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your breakfast looks like a good one, but that is a lot of carbs. Breakfast is a good time to have carbs, and trust me carbs are your friend. But I would try to trim it down a lot. Especially on potatoes. Potatoes are a starch that does the same thing as refined sugar and white rice... makes you crave more carbs. Try to get the majority of your carbohydrates from vegetables and limit yourself to 1-2 grains a day, and keep them in the earlier part of your day. I'd recommend in the morning for breakfast and then part of your post-workout snack.As for Green Goddess, I love that stuff. It's so yummy. But be careful. A LOT of sugar is in that delicious little drink :( Also, oatmeal is awesome but I'd recommend buying plain oatmeal and adding your own apples and cinnamon. There's a lot of sugar and added fat in flavored oatmeal (plus plain oatmeal is cheaper), which is sad because I have a soft spot for peaches and cream oatmeal...

    You can do this! You've just hit a plateau, which all of us do especially during this time of year. You are just going to have to find small changes to switch up what you're doing! Keep on going you've got this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacy! Yeah, I didn't really want to add the potatoes, but I had a lot left over from my last grocery trip that I didn't go to waste. I figured breakfast would be the best place to have them. As far as the Green Goodness goes, I only drink a very small glassful since I know it's full of sugar. I'm a weakling when it comes to carbs, and I know it's been my downfall in getting past the 135 mark. I was at 133 before my mom was hospitalized, but things have gone downhill as far as my enthusiasm goes since then... This must stop!

      I was going strong the week of my last entry, but then I got sick...UGH. I always *fear* getting sick because my body needs to rest, and then it's hard to fight off the laziness when I'm feeling better.

      Your entries are motivating me to get going again, and I'm trying to balance working out with my latest obsession with hand lettering. It's so hard to make time to practice and learn more lettering, work a full time job, do freelance work, AND make time to work out lately, but I MUST stop making excuses. It's possible, I just have to make changes (like you said in your last post!)

      Thanks for the encouragement.

      Delete