Saturday, January 5, 2013

Day 256: Hi, Elliptical. It's been a while.

So yesterday, (Friday), I took an off day to clean and do some work for LIT. I didn't get as much done as I wanted over the holiday break, but isn't that always the case? Also, I have realized that I've forgotten my work e-mail password since I just changed it before the break, so I may have to reset it on Monday. Way to go, Mel.

Even though I rested yesterday, I did manage to stick some little notes all over my apartment that would motivate me to move a little more. Just some exercise suggestions for when I want a snack...









I intend to do my best to observe and follow my little notes as much as I can... It's just an experiment for now.

Today's weather has been pretty dreadful. It's cold, it's wet, and it's dark. No biking. After lots of restless pacing, a bit of piano practice, and a lovely day-after birthday call with my pal Amy, I decided to go to my good ol' apartment complex's gym for some elliptical action.

It's been about 2 months since I last went to the gym here at my apartment complex, so it was nice to go back today and get in some good time on the elliptical. I've got a lot on my mind lately, so by the time I knew it, I had already been on the elliptical for an hour and 6 minutes!! I reached for my phone to record my time and calories burned, but apparently the dang thing goes back to zero once you've pedaled for an hour for your cool down. I was so irritated that I just dismounted the thing and lumbered back to my apartment. The digital meter said that I burned about 580 calories in 1 hour.

I've been snacking on leftover pasta with my ground turkey low-carb marinara sauce today as well. Cold weather always makes me want to eat heftier meals. =P

I am FORCING myself to sleep early tonight because tomorrow will be the first day I'll have to wake up before 9 a.m. in the past 2 weeks!

Now, I chill and try to do more work. I hope everyone's Saturday has been restful!

No comments:

Post a Comment