Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Days 517 & 518: A Good Day, A Skipped Day, & The Pizza Craving From Hell


Tuesday was SOooooooooooooo long.

I woke up later than I wanted to, but I still got a 30 minute elliptical workout done.


Post workout sweaty selfie of a selfie
I had a knotted mishap with my hair before my shower.
Trying to break free from that was NOT fun.
I ate a quick bowl of cereal after my shower, and I headed out the door to work.

Please pardon the dark, crappy photo.
I was on the couch with a little GMA.
I was VERY sore on Tuesday. I mean could barely walk kind of sore. Let's just say I said a few bad words when I had to go up any stairs. I'm probably not drinking enough water. My knees are also bothering me a lot like they did when I first started working out last year. I know this is part of it, so I'm not too concerned.

I made myself a salad for Monday, but since I had an unplanned lunch at Jason's with my mom, I was able to eat the salad I made on Tuesday instead. Same yummy things... Avocado, apple, organic greens, cherry tomatoes, goat cheese, chia seeds... This time I used balsamic vinegar for dressing, though. I also added some skinless chicken that I baked the night before.

Such a cool salad, no?
I wasn't able to finish it, though. It was a lot of salad! I was also able to resist going NUTS on some peanut butter chip cookies that my co-worker Phyllis made. I did have ONE, but I wanted to eat 3!!! I wish I had been disciplined enough to stay away completely, and I'm trying not to dwell on it.

I really do love this whole workout in the morning thing!! It's great to have it DONE first thing, and it's also nice to know that I could always work out AGAIN after work if I am able. 

After work, I went to Fannett for choir practice. I had dinner at my parents' house. I don't know why I've been so forgetful about taking photos of my dinners the past few posts. I suppose I'm still trying to get back into the swing of blogging.

Dinner at my parents' house wasn't exactly healthy either, though. I had 7 fish sticks dipped in ketchup and about 1/4 cup of rice. That rice...it's so hard to escape it with all this Asianness.

I didn't get home from choir practice until 9:30, and I slept WAY later than I should've.

Wednesday, September 23 Day 518

I wasn't able to wake up in time to work out this morning. I was SO tired... I REALLY needed to use the extra hour to sleep. I kept telling myself, "I'll just workout after work. No big deal." Bleh, it never happened today.

I didn't even eat breakfast... I just had a cup of coffee, and I snacked on a piece of wheat toast with peanut butter at around 10 a.m.

I lunched with my dear friends Nicole & Alisa with their baby girls Sarah & Evie. I was relatively good with my lunch, too. I got a salad bar and I asked for some avocado and chicken for my salad.

Bell peppers, avocado, broccoli, organic greens,
apples, chicken, one boiled egg (I didn't finish the yolk),
a tiny spoon of potato salad, red onions with balsamic vinagrette
Again, I was weak and I had 2 ginger/chocolate muffins. Bah.

It was so lovely to have lunch with my friends. I wish it could happen more often, but money is super tight these days. I've really got to cut back on my spending.

I finished my workday pretty strong, and I was productive the rest of the afternoon. I stayed late till around 6, but at around 5:30, all I could think about was a big slice of greasy, buttery, bready, cheesy pizza.

THE THOUGHT OF GREASY, CHEESY PIZZA CONSUMED ME FOR NEARLY 2 HOURS. 

The drive home for me is one of the most difficult times of day craving wise. It'd be SO easy to just stop at a drive thru somewhere, get dinner, and not have to worry about cooking or cleaning up. I'd just eat, and throw the mess in the garbage. 

French fries and burgers are the biggest things I crave on my drive home, but thankfully, I rarely ever act upon these cravings because I remember that I'm getting kind of poor, and I don't want my arteries to harden, clog, and all that other morbid stuff. IT HELPS!

But today, it was pizza. I thought about what toppings I wanted, what kind of crust, and I was trying like mad to remember if I had any coupons for any pizza place.

Sure enough, this was in the mail when I stopped by the mailbox:

Yes. I'm flipping off the pizza coupons
because THIS DID NOT HELP.
Sorry if I offended anyone. haha
Seriously, y'all. I went to pizzahut.com and filled out an order form for my $10 pizza. It was a medium with hand tossed crust topped with onions, anchovies, pepperoni, mushrooms, and light on the sauce. I almost bought garlic parmesan wings with it too since it's $.50 wing Wednesday. EFF YOU, PIZZA HUT AND YOUR EVIL GREASY GARBAGE TEMPTRESS FOOD

I just stared at it for a while...ready to push "ORDER" at any time. 

Then suddenly, it was gone. The craving passed, so I had to post about it.

I'm so thankful for the support. Y'all just don't even know.

Now I'm very happy that I didn't order the pizza, and that I got to keep my $15 for something else. Good grief. If I put ALL that passion and energy into something else BESIDES craving food, imagine the amazing things I could be doing with my life. I feel pretty pathetic when this kind of crap happens.

But on a happier note, here's the healthier/less expensive pizza I cooked for myself this evening:

Naan with spinach, tomato,
1 slice of lower sodium bacon, Italian seasoning,
marinara, and skim mozzarella.
I sprayed the "crust" with some olive oil
cooking spray.
It was WAY tastier than Pizza Hut, too!
If I find wheat naan, this might become a regular thing. 'Twas quite tasty.

I'm not happy that I skipped my workout today and decided to watch two episodes of Breaking Bad instead, BUT I fully intend to get back to it tomorrow morning now that I realize how icky I feel when I don't work out to start out my day. This is exactly where I want to be mentally for now, and I'm thankful.

It'll be a while before I shed major pounds, and I know I need to increase my dedication. I'm slower this time around, but I feel like I'm getting there.

---------------------

Please click on this meter below to donate to my efforts
 to help raise funds for the American Heart Association:

If you'd rather not donate online, please feel free to contact me at melanie.lanuza@gmail.com, and we can make other arrangements! I've got a LONG way to go to reach my goal in just a little over a month! Please help if you can.

Thanks to my friends at choir practice last night who bought $1 paper hearts from me for the AHA! I love you guys!

Goodnight, everyone. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment