Monday, September 23, 2013

Days 515 & 516: Mornings Aren't So Bad After All!

It was a BREEZE waking up today because my attitude is changing back to where it was a few months ago... Yay!

Yesterday (Sunday) wasn't my best eating day, though. I had 2 slices of reduced sodium bacon with an over easy egg on wheat toast with a small glass of orange juice for breakfast. I don't feel TOO bad about eating this since I kept the portions small. The nutritional information for the lower sodium bacon wasn't too bad either!


After church, my dad made a yummy lunch of baked chicken leg quarters with rice. Again, not the healthiest choices, but I can't turn down a free home cooked meal from my parents, right?

I didn't eat all the skin! =P
I worked out at my gym's apartment complex in the afternoon. I ran/walked for 30 minutes, and then I did 3 sets of 12 squats on the Smith Machine (yay, it's finally fixed!). I did my usual weight for the squats.
I recycled this photo from last September,
but I promise this is the same weight I did yesterday!
I need to take it easy on the rice and meat intake, though. I had yet another serving of rice and a piece of baked pork for supper. I'm honestly just trying to finish a pot of rice I cooked late last week. After this one, I'm going to cut back drastically on the rice again. I'll probably head back to the grocery store this weekend.

Today (Monday), I got up dark and early and headed back to the apartment complex gym to hit the treadmill once again for 30 minutes. I was able to run a mile without stopping and jog/walk another! The weather was absolutely GORGEOUS as well. For the first time in ages, I was actually COLD while I was outside! YAY, Fall weather!!

Hello, DAWN!
I was at 1.85 on distance at 30 minutes, and I just HAD
to make sure I went at least 2 miles, so I added more time.
I was able to get through the run/jog this morning easily by watching an episode of Futurama on the Netflix app on my phone! Yesterday, I watched an entire episode of Breaking Bad. (Yes, I'm SUPER late to the Breaking Bad party, but at least I don't have to wait between seasons to watch the whole show now!)

I kind of want to wake up earlier so I can watch a whole episode of Breaking Bad in the morning...hah! Just kind of...we'll see how sleepy I am tomorrow morning.

After my workout!
What a beautiful morning!
I was done with my shower early enough to eat breakfast AT home instead of in my office, which was nice for a change. I had a bowl of cereal with 1% milk.

I just love this milk splatter bowl
that my cousin Cici got me!
Lunch was a bit unexpected, but tasty! I had lunch with my mom today since I needed to bring her to an appointment. She treated me to some super quick Jason's Deli before I had to bring her back to Fannett. Thanks, Ma!

I got a cup of French onion soup and I went to town at the salad bar. I got mixed organic greens, bell peppers, apples, red onion, pine seeds (since they cost a billion dollars at the store!), one boiled egg (which I did not finish), and a tiny scoop of potato salad. I used the balsamic vinaigrette dressing that they have in their nom-alicious dressing buckets on the salad buffet.

The 2nd boiled egg was for my mom.
I didn't really like the white stuff on the bottom right.
Ok, ok...I also had 2 corn bread mini muffins and 3 ginger mini muffins...

But HEY, I'm still full, and it's already 7:15! I don't think I'll be eating again today unless I drink some water since I'm still pretty full from lunch.

I ended my workday with two lovely lady co-workers giving me some dough for the American Heart Association also! My door is quickly getting filled up with more paper hearts!! Thanks to Melissa A. and Dr. Betty Reynard for their wonderful contributions today!

Let me know if you want to get one of these
for just a buck!

Please click on this meter to donate online:




If you'd rather not donate online, please feel free to contact me at melanie.lanuza@gmail.com, and we can make other arrangements! I've got a LONG way to go to reach my goal in just a little over a month! Please help if you can.

And a great big THANK YOU to Nick's nephew Robert for his contribution to my LIT Walkers Team last week! He and his lovely wife Christina just finished their annual Anthony's Run, a big fund raiser that they throw in order to raise funds for the Anthony DeMartino Foundation in memory of Christina's brother Anthony. Everyone should stop by their website and check out Anthony's story and what this foundation is doing for raising awareness and funds to treat and find a cure for Muscular Dystrophy!!

I hope I can keep this morning workout thing going because I've been able to get so much more done this evening AND I actually felt better throughout the day. I was sad to see that I've gained a couple of pounds in the past few days (I'm at 141 right now), and I bet it has a lot to do with my freaking intake. 

MUST MAKE BETTER CHOICES. 

No comments:

Post a Comment