Thursday, February 28, 2013

Day 310: Still Stuck, But Gaining Strength

I've been "insane" now for 10 days, and I'm definitely feeling a difference!! The scale hasn't budged much, but I definitely feel stronger and the workouts are becoming easier every day. I've lost about a pound since I started on the 18th, so I'm now down to 136.6 lbs.

This was me at the end of week 1...

What am I DOING!?

As usual, the exercising part is easy for me to stick to, but the weaknesses are sticking to eating what I should. I've still been doing really well with no bread and no rice, but even without those in my diet the past 2 weeks, I haven't seen much different with the loss. 

I wish I had more time to blog daily again, but this has just been a super busy past couple of weeks! The first 4 days of the "insane" workout were probably the most difficult for me. I could barely walk, and it hurt to do ANYTHING (e.g. move, walk, sit, stand, breathe, sneeze, etc.) 

I finally started feeling stronger and like myself after the first Cardio Recovery workout on day 4 because it had me to do a TON of stretches. Ever since then, I've been able to power through most of the moves. The ones I have the most difficulty with are the ones that involve the upper body, but I can definitely tell that I'm improving. I also upped my protein intake to help with the recovery as well.

Last weekend, I was able to make myself a yummy fruit smoothie with 1% milk. I made a big 24oz glass of it that I was able to enjoy for 2 days!

1/2 an avocado, 4 strawberries, 6 blackberries, 12 blueberries,
1 banana, 1cup 1% milk, and 1/2 a gala apple blended
And since it's Lent, I've been eating baked catfish seasoned with paprika for supper on Fridays.

catfish with paprika, romaine, and sautéed squash
My other meals have pretty much consisted of baked chicken, cucumbers with rice vinegar, mashed sweet potatoes, and turkey wheat spaghetti. 

During my last grocery trip, I tried out 4 different brands of Greek yogurt, and I ended up liking them all! I think my favorite was a Yoplait coconut and vanilla Greek yogurt, but the Chobani Banana was a close 2nd! The yogurt pictured below had my favorite texture... I'm pretty picky when it comes to yogurt. haha! At least I know I have lots of options now!


Tomorrow is my company's spring pot luck, and I have no idea what to bring. I need to bring a dish I know I can eat at least since 1, it's a Friday during Lent so no meat, and 2, no bread and no rice. I guess I better start looking through my kitchen to see if I've got anything I can get together for this thing. I hope to blog again sooner than later! I'll be sure to post the end of week 2's insane photos.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Melanie!

    Just a little encouraging comment for ya: Remember that muscles have a higher density that fat, so you can't fully rely on you bathroom scale to show your true progress! My bet is that you've become much leaner, but the number on the scale simply doesn't reflect this...
    If you really want numbers, I suggest pulling out the measuring tape! It's a far better indicator if you ask me... ;)

    Oh, and my advice to eating right? Taste the rainbow! When in the produce aisle, get food from every color! That way you get a wider range of nutrients and also, your eyes will signal to your brain: "Gosh, this is a marvelous meal! Let's munch!" ;) Variation is key... :)

    You're rockin' it though, girl! High five! :)

    - Louise
    https://plus.google.com/113852086849328784299/posts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly, Louise!

      Yeah, I know that muscle "weighs more" than fat, so that knowledge has been slightly comforting. I haven't measured myself since probably around August of last year because I was disappointed with the results. I will do that again sometime soon if I can work up the nerve. haha!

      And YES, I need to get into eating more "colors." I was doing pretty well with that in the beginning of my journey, but I always ended up buying too much at once and having to throw away a lot of spoiled fruit and veggies. :( I need to change the way I do grocery shopping so that I can save more money and stop wasting food... I guess that'll be what I try to do next in my calendar!

      Thanks for the encouragement! =D

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete