Monday, March 4, 2013

Day 314: Fitness Test 2 & Struggles

I'm addicted to sugar. There, I said it. I'm addicted to carbs and sugar and horrible delicious food. That's part of the reason why I had to start this journey in the first place. Even though I have been great about not eating bread or rice since Fat Tuesday, I've still been eating things I shouldn't.

I've been justifying that cake and brownies aren't technically "bread" over the past couple of days, and technically they aren't since I wouldn't make a sandwich with them (haha), but it's got to stop. I want to really get serious about what I need to restrict myself from eating because I know that I will get so much further in my progress if I do so. I'm not sure what my deal is other than being addicted... Sugary food makes me feel better for a little while, and then I feel like crap shortly after. It's got to stop. What drives me more crazy is that I know better, and yet I still do it. You suck, addiction.

On a happier note, I just did my 2nd fitness test with the insane regimen I've been following lately, and I did better than the first go! Gosh, imagine how much better I'd be doing if I weren't eating sweets here and there...


Now don't get me wrong, I'm not binging and going nutso and eating NOTHING but sweets, BUT I know that even just the tiny bit I have been eating the past couple of days are affecting my progress. I attended a fun little Stella & Dot jewelry party on Saturday to help out my cousin Celina who's trying to make some money while she works as as stay at home mom, and I splurged more than I probably should have on the goodies that were at the party. A little brownie here, a small cookie or 3 there, some chips and queso, some ginger ale/sherbet punch, a glass of spumante....... It adds up!

Speaking of jewelry, my cousin convinced me to host an online trunk show so that I could try to earn some discounts and free jewelry. I figured if it's just online, I don't have anything to lose and it'd help her out at the same time! If you'd like to treat yourself to something nice, or need a gift for a loved one, click this link and get ya something:  Melanie's Stella & Dot Online Trunk Show

I've got to get my self-discipline back in check. It's been slipping so often lately and I keep faltering over and over, which is why I haven't made much more progress. I measured myself over the weekend, and I haven't lost any inches since the last time I measured myself MONTHS ago.

On the bright side, at least I feel stronger! Insane workouts have been kicking my butt, and while I'm not painfully sore like I was in the beginning, I still feel like my body is changing in good ways. It's only been 2 weeks, so I must be patient and I must be more disciplined about eating better.

I'm just tired of this cycle, and I want to break out of it. WILL POWER. WHERE ARE YOU!? SHOW YOURSELF. 



Week 1
Week 2


No comments:

Post a Comment