Monday, February 18, 2013

Day 300: I want OFF this Plateau & Fitness Test

Wow, 300 Days!! They all haven't been perfect, but I can't believe it's been so many days since I started this blog! I say it's perfect timing for me to begin my newest regimen since there are 65 days left until I hit my year mark. I'm determined to stick to this as much as I possibly can!

Here are some of the foods I ate over the weekend....

Whole grain garlic tortilla with egg and avocado and banana
Are tortillas considered bread?? If so, I need to give them away. I wasn't sure and they're left from my previous grocery trip before Lent started...

Yummy chicken tinola made by my mom
 (chicken with green papaya and spinach soup)
Sans rice. :(
I biked my usual 11 miles on Saturday, and it was TOUGH. The wind was a roaring monster, but there was a beautiful blue sky! It was probably the slowest I've ever biked my 11 miles, but at least they got done. My body is still aching from that ride, and that hasn't happened in quite a while!

I actually stuck to my Monday meal plan pretty well today. I had oatmeal for breakfast, a banana mid-morning snack, a delicious lunch of a drumstick with sweet potatoes (recipe was 4 small sweet potatoes boiled and mashed with 1 tbsp honey and 1 tbsp Smart Balance) and cucumbers soaked in rice vinegar, a tangerine, 8 extra dark chocolate covered almonds for an afternoon snack, then a small steak and salad of romaine, 1/2 a Gala apple with a light vinaigrette for supper.

Lunch
Supper
Supper was devoured after my workout. Tonight was Day 1 of my Insane workout which meant doing the fitness test...

Here are my stats:
Switch Kicks:  83 (stopped 4x to rest)...this SHOCKED me.
Power Jacks:  37 (stopped 3x to rest)
Power Knees:  70 (stopped 4x to rest)
Power Jumps:  15
Globe Jumps:  5
Burpees:  11 (stopped 1x to rest)
Push-up Jacks:  15
Low Plank Oblique:  50 (stopped 3x to rest)

I think I could have done more power jumps and globe jumps, but I was trying not to jump too hard since I'm on the 3rd floor of my apartment building, and I didn't want to annoy my downstairs neighbor. I might leave them a note on the door saying I'm exercising just to be courteous... Hmm...

My cousin Stacy has been doing this workout for about 43 days now, and so far her results are pretty stellar. She semi inspired me to pursue this regimen, and I was just pushed even more when a friend of mine told me she just happened to have a copy of the program that I could borrow, so I figured why not? 

Um....HOLY CRAP. I was drenched by the time I finished all that. I really enjoyed it, though!! I'm a little scared to see what's up for tomorrow, but I have GOT to get over this fear I have of changing things up so that I can get off this dang plateau...

Speaking of the dang plateau, here's my latest same range number I've been seeing for the past 4 months....

I am sick of the mid 130s... 
Day 300
This morning I was at 135, and my weight usually fluctuates between 135 and 138 throughout the day. Boo. I want to get out of this range. Here's hoping my new organization system and exercise regimen get me into the 120s at last! My pre-planning meals should help me save a lot of money this month too, I hope!

I have 60 days. If I could get this far, why can't I go further!? I just need to believe I can do it, kill my laziness, and get over my fears...

IT'S JUST A FEW MORE POUNDS. I've got this!

No comments:

Post a Comment