Saturday, August 4, 2012

Day 102: 9 Miles, Crazy Heat, & Lots of Food

I hate that I haven't been able to blog daily since I've returned from California, but I am still playing catch up on a lot of things.

My apartment is a mess, my sleep schedule is still all messed up, and I've had a lot of after-work activities that have been taking up my time. I am hoping that I can get back into my usual routine sooner than later so that the weight loss progress can continue.

Today was the first time I've been on my bike since July 21st! It felt good to be back out there, but by the 3rd lap, I knew I chose one of the the worst possible times of day to be out there.  I normally prefer to go to the trail at around 8 a.m. or 7 p.m., but I had plans for this evening so I had to go now or never.

I had a banana and a bunch of water before I hit the trail because I knew the heat would be bad.

I biked at 10:20 this morning, and the heat was already on the verge of unbearable. I was only able to do 9 miles today, but I know I will be able to do more next time. I won't be able to bike again until Monday (unless I am preparing to evacuate from stupid Tropical Storm/possible Hurricane Ernesto). Here's hoping the storm doesn't head this way! I finished my bike ride at about 11:15.

Hello, my friend! I've missed you!
A few entries ago, I mentioned photographing one of my Godkids for his 1st birthday party. Today was his big party day, so it was a day of lots of delicious food. The party was sock monkey themed, and there were delicious dishes as far as the eye could see.

This was my plate.
I ate everything but one of the meatballs. haha
I didn't feel too badly about eating all that because I was FAMISHED after my scorching bike ride.
I drank water with my meal.

Filipino noodles (Pancit)
Monkey bread
Various desserts
Filipino desserts
I suck and I don't know what these are called.
After the birthday party, I had to take a short nap because I think the heat gave me a headache. After a good rest, it was time to go back out again for a "farewell" dinner with some of my friends. My dear friends Amy & Jimmy are moving to Corpus Christi on Tuesday, and we wanted to have one last meal together before they left. I met Jimmy, Amy, Alisa, and Brian at Tokyo for some sushi.

I got a yummy orchid roll
and a  small bowl of onion soup.
Orchid roll: avocado, shrimp tempura, spicy crab meat,
nitro sauce wrapped in BBQ paper, topped with fresh
hamachi, green onion, and hot sauce.
Amy and Jimmy will always hold a special place in my heart for many reasons. I will miss them so very much when they're no longer a 5 minute drive down the road, but I guess this means I'll have to make a trip to Corpus to visit them! ROAD TRIP!

But getting back to the fitness....(SO I DON'T START CRYING!)
Lately I have been making myself do 10 pushups before I go to sleep and when I wake up in the morning. I have also been doing squats while I brush my teeth! Fitting in any kind of activity into your daily activities can make quite a difference, so there's no excuse for not making time!

Tomorrow shall be an interesting challenge for me to fit in my workout because I've had a hard time waking up earlier than 9:00 since I got back from California. Waking up for work has been TORTURE all week. Between adjusting to the time change and watching the Olympics into the night, sleep and I have not gotten reacquainted very well since I got back to Texas. I have to wake up earlier than usual tomorrow since it's youth mass and practice starts at 9 a.m. in Fannett. I hope to wake up at 7 and fit in a Sworkit workout before I have to get ready to go.

So goodnight, all! It was a lovely Saturday, and I can hardly believe I've been on this weight loss journey for over 100 days! It's time to truly get back on track now until the next big occasion -- my mom's birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment