Sunday, April 29, 2012

Day 5: Applause and a Golden Ticket!


12:15 p.m.

Since I went to church last night, I was able to sleep in this morning and have a nice easy going Sunday morning. At least until I decided to hit the hike and bike trail! :)

I drove out there and hit the trail at 11ish. Today's bike ride was definitely a big challenge for me thanks to the wind. I probably don't have the most aerodynamic bicycle, but I love it for its compact size and convenient folding features. This is the kind of bike I've got:

Like it? Go to www.citizenbike.com & check 'em out!
The beginning of the ride was particularly difficult since I wasn't quite warmed up, but then the funniest thing happened! "I've Got a Golden Ticket" from the 1971 classic Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory came on my iPod...and the words actually inspired me! When Charlie's grandpa chimed in with, "Look at me! Up and about! I haven't done this in twenty years!" I couldn't help but chuckle and think of the same thing about myself. The words of the song automatically made me pedal harder and I was off!

The times when I rode against the wind were the hardest. I had to put the bike in a lower gear just to keep going, but I never stopped! When I felt like giving up, I just looked down so I couldn't see how much further it was until I was able to turn when the wind was at my back. There was another moment I had a good laugh when I turned the corner of the windy lap and a live song played on my iPod. Let's just say the applause was just what I needed at that very moment!

I ended up biking a grand total of 8.5 miles this morning! That's 3 times around the big loop (6 miles) and back and forth on the long curve stretch (2.5 miles).

The proof is in the sweat! 

I know I have not eaten enough today, but weirdly enough, I don't feel weak or on edge at all.

For breakfast, I had a bowl of Kroger brand Honey Bunches of Oats with almonds with some 2% milk.

Lunch..well, I had to leave for Fannett to sing and play guitar at my church for First Communion mass at 2 p.m., so I pretty much just scarfed down 2 pieces of Smart Balance basted raisin bread toast.

5:48 p.m.
That's pretty much all I've had to eat by this point today. I'm very excited because Nick wants to take me to dinner and a movie tonight! I don't get to see him as much as I'd like to these days since he's back in school, so I am definitely taking this opportunity to have a little time with him. He's going to bring me to Cheddar's before the movie, so I've been looking at the menu online to preplan what I order. Methinks some salmon and broccoli sounds DELICIOUS right about now.

So far, I've had about 48 oz of water. I plan on having a big glass with my dinner tonight!

10:01 p.m.
YAY for dinner and a movie! We had planned to go to Cheddar's, but the wait was ridiculous, so we went to Carino's instead so we could stay close to the theatre. I looked only at the items that were marked with a low calorie icon so I wouldn't be tempted. I highly recommend the rosemary chicken!

When it came to the bread and the caesar salad, I only ate 1 small piece, and I did not finish my salad...Nick did. Haha! I gave him all my croutons, too. Oh, to have that kind of metabolism...

My salad before
Nick vs. my salad after.
He ended up finishing some of what I didn't eat. 
I was able to stop myself from getting disgustingly full, too. I made sure I stopped when I was satisfied, and I brought the rest home so that I can enjoy it for lunch tomorrow at work.

Before: Nick's dinner on left, mine on the right
After: Nick definitely did way more damage.
The boy loves his pasta.
In total, I drank about 72 oz of water today! I feel fantastic except for my legs feeling like they weigh 1 ton each, but I'm liking every minute of it.

Tomorrow's Monday! Bring it on, work week. I shall show Day 6 who's boss. 

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME! I'm so amazed by your Hike and Bike vigilance. If I do 8 miles on that thing, I feel half-crazy. You're always welcome to ride with Brad and I, anytime. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, April! Those windy areas are KILLER, right!? I have yet to try to go out there on a weekday, so I don't know what the crowds are like at 6ish.

      Delete