Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Day 741: One Day at a Time

I decided that I need to get back to doing the best thing that worked for me to shed the pounds the first time by reporting my intake and physical activity daily on this blog. It was and is the most effective way to hold myself accountable for my progress.

I haven't been grocery shopping in almost three weeks, so I ended up eating some wheat crisps I bought for Jud and Frankie's shower over the weekend for breakfast. Not the best choice, but it's all I had with me.

Serving size = 17 crackers.

I got a salad from the little restaurant on the first floor of my office building for lunch.

I snacked on some strawberry Activia a little later.

Like I mentioned yesterday, I had a counselor appointment after work, and I'm thankful I went. 98% of the time, I feel relieved when I leave his office. He has helped me learn how to think through so many of my issues in constructive and cognitive ways that have helped me progress from the terrified girl I used to be. Granted, I still have quite a way to go, but when I focus on how far I've come, I can't help but be happy about that. 

When we discussed my weight gain, I learned a bit about him as well. My counselor used to be very overweight when he was in his mid 30 - mid 40s, but he was able to lose the weight and keep it off by completely giving up fast food and excessive carbohydrates. He said it was some of the best decisions he ever made. 

We did a mental exercise that made me focus on how amazing I felt when I was working out daily and eating healthier a year and a half ago. He told me to try to keep those good feelings in mind when I'm feeling down to remind myself that I'm perfectly capable of accomplishing the healthy success again because I've already done it. So here I am... :)

After my appointment, I ventured to the grocery store on an empty stomach, which I know is a dangerous thing to do, so I stopped at the Starbucks inside the store to order a tall non-fat white chocolate mocha. While it wasn't the best choice, it kept me from going crazy and buying a bunch more junk food I don't need to be putting in my body. 

When I finally got home, I ate some of the organic rotisserie chicken that I bought with some organic whole grain mac and cheese with a bunch of baby spinach. 

I didn't do much physical activity today, though. I danced around my apartment to a couple of songs, and bringing the groceries up three flights of stairs is always a good, tiring workout, but nothing major. I intend to change this tomorrow, but I NEED to begin work on a freelance project tomorrow evening. Perhaps I shall walk during my lunch break. We shall see. I must make time.

I'd like to thank everyone who is still following this journey and show how much I appreciate knowing that some of y'all still believe in me. I've received many comments, messages, and even a heartfelt phone call from friends full of nothing but words of support and encouragement since my previous post of emotional vomit. I can't thank you guys enough. I'm very blessed to know all of you, and I hope you all know that. 

Time for bed. Here's to another day, :)