Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Days 377 - 385: Getting Back to it

Avocado, smoked salmon with sriracha,
blue corn chips, cauliflower, broccoli, and edamame hummus
Wow. It's amazing what a little under a week of eating better will do. I'm back down to 137.8 with hopes that the 140s will never be seen again.

I've only been able to work out twice in the past week, though. I have been working late the past several days because I have a couple of big projects that I've needed to complete SOON this week. I biked 11 miles last Wednesday (the 8th), and I just did one of the Insanity recovery week workouts this evening. My calves are probably not going to be pleased with me tomorrow, but that's OK. I miss the soreness.

I can't believe how weak I've become just in the past 6 weeks. If that's all the time it takes to lose muscle and strength, I can't imagine how people who never exercised a day in their life feel. I'm learning that life is just going to keep on being busier and busier, so I'm going to have to make time to work out like I used to so I can feel better and have more energy to do the stuff I want and need to do.

I've been happy with my intake over the past week. Check it out:

hummus, avocado, cucumber,
tuna, and baked wheat thin chips
This. Buy this. It's tasty.
turkey, turkey bacon, avocado,
cucumber, sriracha, colby pepperjack cheese
quinoa and chicken with mushrooms baked
in vegetable broth + cucumbers
Greek yogurt + watermelon
Avocado and smoked salmon
I'm trying to keep it up, guys. I feel a lot better just by eating right, and I hope to add working out more regularly to make more progress soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment