Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Day 217: I'm Still At It, I Promise!

My poor, lonely, neglected fitness blog. I'm sorry I haven't been posting much lately, everyone. Life has been on the tough side lately, so finding the motivation to blog hasn't been easy.

Thanks, George Takei.
Despite the downtrodden case of the blah's I've been trudging through over the past month, I've been doing my best to stick to staying active and eating smaller portions. I still miss biking TERRIBLY, but I've been walking about 2.5 miles during the work week with my pal Craig, and I'm still doing the crazy Jillian Michaels Shred Level 2 workout that I posted last time I blogged about 3 times a week.

I've managed to lose one more pound as of November 22nd!


The Thanksgiving holiday was a bit on the gluttonous side, but I let it all slide since that's kind of what Thanksgiving is about! Enjoying food with family and being thankful for all of it!

Nick & I spent the 1st half of Turkey Day with some of
my relatives at my parents' house. The evening half
 was spent at his grandma's in Orange.
Something crazy happened on Thanksgiving morning, though. I'm sure many of you have heard about it on the news, but if not, there was a MASSIVE accident on a stretch of Interstate 10 that was actually located at the exit to my hometown of Fannett, TX (Beaumont). One of my high school classmates was actually in the huge pile-up, and she is expecting her 2nd child. Thankfully, she, her husband, her baby, and her daughter were not seriously injured, but their car was totaled. Makes you step back and remember that we need to be extra thankful for the time we've been given, doesn't it? 

Otherwise, there's not much else to report. Life can get pretty lousy sometimes, but it goes on. When things are bad, I try to remind myself that the misery is only temporary and that a new day can bring about something uplifting and wondrous for the spirit. Here's hoping that something blesses my family and me soon.

Thanks to all who are still reading. 

2 comments: